Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I picked up a 2017 Giulia Base, in Alfa Black over black with sport exterior, Tuesday. The owners manual is a messy read, with no reference to the homelink programing that i could find (thanks internet) and a curious reference. It mentions an inflator kit that isn't present if you have run flats, but never clearly states if it should be present on which other models. Does anyone know the answer to this? Unless I'm supposed to have one, I figure a Fiat 500 inflator and a plug kit should keep me mobile.

I purchased the Giulia off the lot, but I'm unsure of when the car started sitting in the Texas sun. This makes me hesitent to debadge the Giulia logo, because of the possibility of light ghosting on the paint. The car was produced 1/17 and shipped directly to Ewing Fiat/Alfa Romeo in Fort Worth (Now these morons couldn't sell water in a drought, so they sold the dealship to a new owner who has moved three times the vehicles last week that the previous owner moved in June, but that's another matter). So I'm figuring at least March/April/May/June...do i risk debadging, or...

1) Plastidip the Giulia logo to flat black.

2) Keep the Giulia logo chrome, as is, so people know what the heck I'm driving.

On the bonus front, drove the Giulia to Kroger last night and walked out to find 4 high school seniors walking around it taking pictures. It was the first they'd seen.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Remove the badge.
If the paint is ghosted, reinstall the badge.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Even with the badge, most people don't seem to know what it is...LOL. It's an Alfa Romeo Giulia. Oh, Alfa Romeo...who makes that?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Security Officer at work said, "Alfa Romeo, who makes that?"

And on that note, I admit my own stupidity...I never heard of P7 Run Flats, but that's what it says on the sidewall...SMB (Sorry, My Bad). My previous experience with run flats had convinced me that with the compliance shown by the Giulia, it couldn't be run flats...I was wrong. That's an incredible job of making a confortable ride Alfa! That being said, I think a Fiat inflator is in my future...use that with the plug kit, not the goop, if necessary.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Even with the badge, most people don't seem to know what it is...LOL. It's an Alfa Romeo Giulia. Oh, Alfa Romeo...who makes that?
Usually,
Alpha Romero

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.