Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just ordered a 2018 Quadrifoglio from my local Maserati dealer and have three questions pertaining to the order.

1) Right after placing the order I changed my mind about the wheels (ordered the tecnico wheels but want the 5 hole now)and I decided to add the Dynamic Driver Assist package.

I called my dealer asking if I can still make changes and they told me that they would call their Alfa rep and let me know. I still have no heard back from them so I am wondering if you guys knew about this?

2) Is there a way I can track the status of the order? Like see when it begins production? I was only given a VON with the order form.

3) Will the 2018 model year have any more options than the 2017? I used a 2017 configurator to order the car.

Thank you in advanced!

For anyone interested, I ordered my Quadrifoglio in the Tri-coat red, red brake calipers, Sparco carbon fiber seats with green and white stitching, black interior, and hopefully I'll be able to add the dark 5 hole wheels and dynamic assist pack.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone!

I just ordered a 2018 Quadrifoglio from my local Maserati dealer and have three questions pertaining to the order.

1) Right after placing the order I changed my mind about the wheels (ordered the tecnico wheels but want the 5 hole now)and I decided to add the Dynamic Driver Assist package.

I called my dealer asking if I can still make changes and they told me that they would call their Alfa rep and let me know. I still have no heard back from them so I am wondering if you guys knew about this?

2) Is there a way I can track the status of the order? Like see when it begins production? I was only given a VON with the order form.

3) Will the 2018 model year have any more options than the 2017? I used a 2017 configurator to order the car.

Thank you in advanced!

For anyone interested, I ordered my Quadrifoglio in the Tri-coat red, red brake calipers, Sparco carbon fiber seats with green and white stitching, black interior, and hopefully I'll be able to add the dark 5 hole wheels and dynamic assist pack.
To answer your questions in order:
#1 Only your dealer will be able to answer that one
#2 No there is no way to track your order ie ala BMW that follows your production, you can contact your dealer/or Alfa Care and with your VON and they should be able to give you status codes for your order. there is a Thread on here that explains all the codes ie D1 status etc.
#3 MY 18 on the Quads comes ready with Apple Play/Car Play hardware, CCB are more expensive...not sure if you ordered those..and supposedly HK sound is standard now...
other than that....get comfortable...pop open a beer or 2...and the wait begins...
Hi thanks for the fast response!

I did order the Harmon Kardon and the dealer did mention to me that it was standard now. So the price for a 2018 ended up being cheaper than the 2017!

There is also a 2017 on their with the exact same specs like I ordered but with the CCB. I declined to buy it though because I figured the 2018s will have more of the problems ironed out and I really want to be the first owner if I'm paying close to the same price.

I did not get the CCB because it seems ludicrous to charge $8k!! Everyone else is charging around $5k. I'll just wait for my stock brakes to wear out and then buy some aftermarket CCB and upgrade.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Ccb

"I did not get the CCB because it seems ludicrous to charge $8k!! Everyone else is charging around $5k. I'll just wait for my stock brakes to wear out and then buy some aftermarket CCB and upgrade.".....Alfa was charging around $5k until they realized everyone else is charging at least $8k and if you go to Ferrari it's more like $20 K !!!

Good thing about the CCB is way less brake dust......D

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi thanks for the fast response!

I did order the Harmon Kardon and the dealer did mention to me that it was standard now. So the price for a 2018 ended up being cheaper than the 2017!

There is also a 2017 on their with the exact same specs like I ordered but with the CCB. I declined to buy it though because I figured the 2018s will have more of the problems ironed out and I really want to be the first owner if I'm paying close to the same price.
Congrats on the order. I opted for a 2018 for exactly the same reason, I figured some of the gremlins would be gone and Apple/Android would be there for sure. The dealer has a '17 coming in with almost identical specs though, and it was realllly tempting. I'm staying with my 2018 order though. Curious, did they give you an MSRP for your 2018? I don't think I've seen pricing yet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Curious, did they give you an MSRP for your 2018? I don't think I've seen pricing yet.
Dealers have had access to 2018 pricing for about 2 weeks now.

The only item that increased in price (from 2017) on my 2018 Ti order was the 19" Sport Package has gone up $250 (from $2250 to $2500).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the order. I opted for a 2018 for exactly the same reason, I figured some of the gremlins would be gone and Apple/Android would be there for sure. The dealer has a '17 coming in with almost identical specs though, and it was realllly tempting. I'm staying with my 2018 order though. Curious, did they give you an MSRP for your 2018? I don't think I've seen pricing yet.
Yes. MSRP is 73,500 USD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa that seems low. A 2017 with the specs you mentioned would have been over $80k.
Yes that's correct. I was just referring to MSRP (with no options). With options and delivery it came out to $80,900 or so. If I get the dynamic assist it will be plus $1500 or whatever the price of it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts