Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Remus axle-back system just arrived from Alfa 9 Supply, and I immediately booked an appointment at a shop for tomorrow morning. They were super casual about it and not concerned about the installation, but I'm wondering if the rear valance or bumper cover needs to come off to install these?

I've heard of shops mangling the clips on the cover or maybe the valance, and I want to point that out to the shop ahead of time to try and avoid any problems, if it's necessary. If the exhaust can slip in without removing the bumper/valance, I don't need to sweat it.

The Remus axle-back utilizes the factory valance-mounted tips.

I'll hit [email protected] later today with the question since it's a little too early out west to call now, but I thought someone here may know, and that a thread on the subject might be of interest to someone as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
No need to remove bumper or diffuser.

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The shop may well need to remove one of the underside stiffeners located behind the rear wheel wells. Removing one allowed removal of the stock exhaust and an easy installation of an axle back unit. I believe it uses star (Torx) head screws.

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, folks!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can you post impressions when you have it installed?
Sure, I'd be happy to do that! I'm dropping it off 20 minutes, so I'll have initial impressions later today.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Remus may have a burnt chemical smell (for lack of a better description!) as you run it in, so don't worry! Should go a way in a week depending on how much you drive, and the tone should get deeper as it settles. Hope you like it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts