Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of shopping for a new car. This may be a silly little detail, but has anyone used the USB port for the rear seats? Does it have enough amps to charge an iPad (2.1) or just a phone (1 amp)? My kids like to use their iPads on long trips, obviously, and I'm wondering about whether that will work to charge one. Also, does it tie into the stereo if my kid wants to play his music from the backseat (kind of hoping it doesn't ;-)) or is it just for charging? Is there a regular 12v outlet somewhere in the back seat?

The nearest dealer is a couple of hours away, so I can't check easily.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
A few answers

Also, does it tie into the stereo if my kid wants to play his music from the backseat (kind of hoping it doesn't ;-)) or is it just for charging? Is there a regular 12v outlet somewhere in the back seat?

Thanks!
I can at least answer a few of your questions. The rear USB port does not tie into the stereo. It is merely a charging port. I don't know whether it has enough juice to charge an iPad, but I can tell you the iPhone charging process is VERY slow from that port as well as the ones in the front of the car.

Also, sadly, there is no 12v outlet anywhere in the car - only the 3 USB ports (one at the bottom of the dash on the center console, one inside the little center compartment, and one in the rear.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would have to agree with poontieng, I'm pretty sure there's a 12V plug in the center console. Keep in mind most car USB ports use an older standard that only allows about half an amp for charging, I haven't checked the QV's though to see if they are charging at half an amp .....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Definitely a 12 V in the center console....

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Definitely a 12 V in the center console....
My mistake. I did find the 12V in the center console. It has a square cover over it so I didn't realize it was behind there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.