Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with Alfa again today, and was wondering if this makes any sense to anyone, and what the timing might roughly be.
I placed my order for MY 2018 Quadrifoglio on May 15th. Received a VON within a few days. I have been checking in weekly with Alfa, and was initially told that my car would receive a VIN at start of production. A few weeks ago Alfa said all parts were ordered and build hadn't started. Today the gentleman said it is "having trim installed". No VIN yet, and he couldn't say how long before car is finished. To my mind this makes little sense, and it's not that big of a deal. I was just wondering what more knowledgeable folks think about this.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I spoke with Alfa again today, and was wondering if this makes any sense to anyone, and what the timing might roughly be.
I placed my order for MY 2018 Quadrifoglio on May 15th. Received a VON within a few days. I have been checking in weekly with Alfa, and was initially told that my car would receive a VIN at start of production. A few weeks ago Alfa said all parts were ordered and build hadn't started. Today the gentleman said it is "having trim installed". No VIN yet, and he couldn't say how long before car is finished. To my mind this makes little sense, and it's not that big of a deal. I was just wondering what more knowledgeable folks think about this.
This is typical Alfa behavior. ATM, you have a VON and that's a good thing. The dealer doesn't know anything because AR won't tell them anything.

My Ti took four months to build and deliver. I think the Quads take a little longer. Italy shuts down for the entire month of August. I don't know if they've actually started building MY18 yet, or not. New cars for the next year don't usually show before November. Perhaps you'll get a September delivery? November sounds like a good target at this point.

·
Registered
118 Posts
chanosh, I placed my order for QV may 13.... dealer says its being built, but how do Contact alfa for more info?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chanosh, I placed my order for QV may 13.... dealer says its being built, but how do Contact alfa for more info?
Morning. At the very bottom of Alfa website is a Contact Us option that allows for email, live chat, or phone call. The live chat has never worked for me, but I am "special" when it comes to that sorta stuff. The best phone # is 844-253-2872. Give em a call and let us know! Our cars are neck and neck with a race to the finish:grin2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I also placed my Ti order on May 13. It will be MY18. I received my VON within days. Just got an email from my dealer saying that AR gave them a delivery date of end of July to early August. Keeping my fingers crossed they are right.>:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I also placed my Ti order on May 13. It will be MY18. I received my VON within days. Just got an email from my dealer saying that AR gave them a delivery date of end of July to early August. Keeping my fingers crossed they are right.>:)
Darn. Just got another email from my dealer saying he made a mistake - delivery is now end of August to early September. My summer just got real long.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That sound terrific. What a great place to drive you car. Wine country!
It is! We drive up there from time to time simply because it is such a wonderful area to drive in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
jerry, I was told sept delivery for my may 13 order quad. when I questioned it, dealer said he felt comfortable I would have it by oct for sure and maybe sept. but now I am hearing form bostondmd and others that CarPlay isn't going to be in it, despite what my dealer said, so I'm a little disappointed.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Will it be MY2017 or MY2018? I gave my VON to Christopher on live chat and he gave me the general info on the time it take to go into production at about a month. Now learning the car is in trim with no notice of a VIN probably just means they haven't told you yet. I bet it's on the build sheet and is on a barcode that gets scanned every step of the way ;) Maybe if you keep messaging them and have some prosciutto and melon or tiramisu delivered they'll sneak the VIN numebr to you. :D Gelato is probably a no brainer.

Reactions: Chanosh

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will it be my2017 or my2018? I gave my von to christopher on live chat and he gave me the general info on the time it take to go into production at about a month. Now learning the car is in trim with no notice of a vin probably just means they haven't told you yet. I bet it's on the build sheet and is on a barcode that gets scanned every step of the way ;) maybe if you keep messaging them and have some prosciutto and melon or tiramisu delivered they'll sneak the vin numebr to you. :d gelato is probably a no brainer.
my 2018. Gelato it is!

·
Registered
118 Posts
mine also MY2018--- dealer said it would be their first Quad for 2018

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chanosh
got my VIN.. alfa says car is built and at docks waiting for shipment.. looks like we will be on the same boat!
we should compare VINS!
Sweet! So, should I not post my VIN? I may have done so in a thread, was that stupid?
C

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Sweet! So, should I not post my VIN? I may have done so in a thread, was that stupid?
C
Your VIN and licence plate number are public record.

When you're driving, the world can see the plate number.

When parked in a public place, the world can see your VIN.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah, etc.
you can post VINs- we do it in the old ferrari world all the time, but it seemed no one else was doing it here so I anynomized it.
the only reason is theoretical--- and for the future--- if you post all your car breakdown "baggage" and CEL issues, and also the VIN, then when you go to sell the car every tom dick and jane knows that VIN 763254 has had major issues in the past.... and even if its working fine at time of sale, the potential buyer have a problem paying top dollar i guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts