Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know why this site (giuliaforums.com) has so many ads and sometimes the post by individual got inserted in some kind of ad? Are those vendors actually pay up to FCA to get the ads here?

·
Registered
537 Posts
You mean you see ads between posts? I don’t see that here but I do see it on other forums only when using my phone, maybe my iPad has some kinda Adblock, or firewall? Not sure.
Of course, forums like this cost money to operate, so of course they need sponsors to help cover those costs.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I keep getting a pop up saying "Congratulations, you've won an iphone or a Samsung Galaxy". I can't figure out if it's my phone that's infected, or this forum, but it seems to only happen when I'm on this forum. I have tried to do maintenance on my phone to ensure that it doesn't have any viruses, but I can't say for certain that I have done it correctly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I get a similar thing. I get a ”you've wone an Amazon gift card.” you have to close the window and open a new one. It only happens on this site.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Getting none of that at home on my iPad, or at work on my laptop.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
if you're logged in on a PC it's unlikely you'll see much interfering ads. Logged out on a phone 100% you will and Tappatalk brings some with it if you're going through that.

That gift card crud is not to do with the forum, I see it on multiple mobile sites.

There is a 100% ad free option coming due to popular demand but don't have an ETA yet.

If there is any ad that stops you viewing the site when logged in, please send a screenshot to me and i'll send it through but also please read what I wrote first :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes. On the iPhone, some of the inline ads are malicious and will trigger a pop-up ad that you cannot close without clicking on it. You have to actually close your entire Safari (double click home button + swipe up) to shut it down.

The same thing also happens on other automobile forums using this same software. Had been happening for well over a year.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,094 Posts
Aside from AlfaRomeoCares posting, I don't believe FCA has anything to do with this site.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The only time I see ads is when I'm not signed in.

Make sure you're signed in...
I'm signed in right now (must be in order to post) and I'm definitely seeing ads, but perhaps not as many as if I weren't signed in.

I definitely look forward to the 100% ad free version of the site, though I assume that I'd have to pay some modest fee for that privilege.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm signed in right now (must be in order to post) and I'm definitely seeing ads, but perhaps not as many as if I weren't signed in.

I definitely look forward to the 100% ad free version of the site, though I assume that I'd have to pay some modest fee for that privilege.
I do stand corrected though, there are ads all along the right hand side of the site but nothing that gets in my way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts