Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car on a lift today and it was the first time I actually got to see under my car and I was wondering why they cover/shield most of the underside, and in some cases even have aero bits, but not the area I circled in blue?

Does anyone know?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
497 Posts
Wonder what Consumer Reports would say about the BMW?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,583 Posts
Are you missing the engine belly pan?

For most modern cars the catalytic converter has been moved up closer to the engine as it works better there and is less likely to start a fire.
Even so, it is necessary to have some place for the air that came into the engine bay for cooling to escape and it is also important that the exhaust pipe not "cook" nearby bits like the aero cover, wiring harness, and your feet.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you missing the engine belly pan?

For most modern cars the catalytic converter has been moved up closer to the engine as it works better there and is less likely to start a fire.
Even so, it is necessary to have some place for the air that came into the engine bay for cooling to escape and it is also important that the exhaust pipe not "cook" nearby bits like the aero cover, wiring harness, and your feet.
No idea. They were in the middle of working on the car so maybe they had removed it, but in the auto fanatic video of him doing the x pipe, I think he didn't have one either

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is my underside for comparison
Thanks! I see the part in yours that people think I'm missing, but I found mine; it was on the floor of the shop bc they were working on the cats 🤦🏻‍♂️

Motor vehicle Automotive design Purple Automotive tire Art

Reactions: Alfa Philly
1 - 13 of 13 Posts