Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anyone run any tests on the quarter mile yet? I have and it holds true to the numbers 11.80 @ 120mph. Tires are like drag radials with a little heat up. Only thing is that when you launch it the car is dead off the line. Do you guys experience the same with of the line acceleration? I brake boost to around 2000 anything more is too much and it always leaves weak off the line and then runs like a bat out of ****. Even normal driving seems like a lag off the line, if we can get rid of that I can see low 11's driving this without any power increase. My 60 foot was a 1.92 but if I can get it better that 11.80 would get down to 11.5 easy. These things can easily run 10's with minor mods.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't think we will see average owners matching the factory's 11.8 time all that often. That time wasn't set by Mario in accounting. Furthermore, those times are under specific environmental conditions. Higher temperatures or altitudes will have an effect.

That said, over time we will see the times come down with mods.

Greg

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I don't know how accurate the tach/speedo/timer is in the corner of your youtube clip, but you don't hit 60mph until 4.2 sec. If I recall, Car and Driver was able to run a 3.6sec 0-60, which makes me think you could probably run a low 11 on a hot day with sticky tires. I chuckled at the slipping/bouncing of the tires though, sounds so familiar.
You?re right I don?t think my 0 to 60 is that fast with these tires and the power this modded QV has. And my rear tires are 305 width, that?s 20 mm wider than stock so they get better traction being wider. But they are Michelin PS4S which is 300 hardness so probably not the best tire hardness for drag racing. But they do last a long time and they actually perform well tracking which is what I really do rather than dragstrip racing.

Now that I lowered my car the tires wear much longer and better so I may try to go back to 200 hardness tires and maybe they?ll hook up better at the drag-strip. I think you?re right thinking low 11s but there?s a chance he could do very high 10s. It?s all about the hook up!

It?s pretty amazing with this extra power at 35-40mph or slower in race mode if I floor it both rear tires just start spinning. Really freaks out some car behind me that likes my car and is following me. But I rarely rarely do it because it?s such an attention thing and probably illegal. I have never had a car so much power. It?s hilarious that is a four-door five seat saloon car!

And I?m pretty confident it would go over 200 mph. I need to go to one of those racing events that let you open up your car over long distances. I would need about 2 1/2 miles to reach that speed and safely slow down.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You?re right I don?t think my 0 to 60 is that fast with these tires and the power this modded QV has. And my rear tires are 305 width, that?s 20 mm wider than stock so they get better traction being wider. But they are Michelin PS4S which is 300 hardness so probably not the best tire hardness for drag racing. But they do last a long time and they actually perform well tracking which is what I really do rather than dragstrip racing.

Now that I lowered my car the tires wear much longer and better so I may try to go back to 200 hardness tires and maybe they?ll hook up better at the drag-strip. I think you?re right thinking low 11s but there?s a chance he could do very high 10s. It?s all about the hook up!

It?s pretty amazing with this extra power at 35-40mph or slower in race mode if I floor it both rear tires just start spinning. Really freaks out some car behind me that likes my car and is following me. But I rarely rarely do it because it?s such an attention thing and probably illegal. I have never had a car so much power. It?s hilarious that is a four-door five seat saloon car!

And I?m pretty confident it would go over 200 mph. I need to go to one of those racing events that let you open up your car over long distances. I would need about 2 1/2 miles to reach that speed and safely slow down.
You may have discussed this in another thread, so sorry if this is a repeat question. What mods did you make to generate the additional power you mention? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts