Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone already done this?
I really like the look of the carbon-inserts on the side skirts of the Q.

From the looks of it, I think it might be "Plug & Play".

The "Veloce TI" Model appears to have these on it aswell: http://www.alfaromeo.com/giulia/veloce-ti

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Could be. I was just looking at the rear bumper again. The lower models do not use the vent cutouts beside the exhaust tips that the Quad does. But it looks like they could. I think someone said that the bumpers are indeed different so they might be out by a few mm. Skirts may be easier to try. We have a link to the service manual. I will try and find some reference to them.

Reactions: 4doorturbo

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, Quadrifoglio skirts can be mounted on a normal Giulia - as you correctly point out, Alfa is doing this from the factory on the (confusingly named) Veloce TI. Should have stuck with the internal name (Veloce Carbon).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Would anyone be interested in taking the risk? :)

I think I've found the correct part numbers

EDIT: Pricing is - as usual - a bit steep. 300€ for the skirt and 800€ for the carbon insert. Per side, obviously.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You also need item #16 in that drawing.
Right. Another 100€ each side.

Makes a total of ~2520€, plus a few clips and screws maybe.
Obviously all of that is before painting :grin2:

Off to the aftermarket, then...

·
Registered
385 Posts
In Australia, they’ll set you back about $6000 Aus I’ve been told. Quad OEM spoiler is about $5.5k installed!

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
You have to realize the side molding on the Q is totally different to complement the skirt so it will surely not look the same on the 2.0. It will look a bit awkward IMO to just have it there. Hence why they don't put a pic I think of an actual 2.0 with it installed.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
You have to realize the side molding on the Q is totally different to complement the skirt so it will surely not look the same on the 2.0. It will look a bit awkward IMO to just have it there. Hence why they don't put a pic I think of an actual 2.0 with it installed.
Yes, the QV "painted skirt" part has an indentation (and other shaping) for the CF "wing". If you just glue a CF wing onto the 2.0T skirt it looks like you glued on a CF wing hap-hazardly. I seem to remember SD carbon posted close up pictures at one point.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm wrapping the rockers in carbon fiber. Madness sells the trim for the Giulia that sticks with 3m tape. Just can't copy a Quad if it's not one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here’s a local 2.0 with them!
This one also has the quadrifoglio front bumper, do you know if the active splitter is functional? Would very much like to have that on my 2.0 (which by the way is a base model with "veloce" rear bumper+diffusor)

edit: I will not hijack this thread and create a new one for the front bumper.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
This one also has the quadrifoglio front bumper, do you know if the active splitter is functional? Would very much like to have that on my 2.0 (which by the way is a base model with "veloce" rear bumper+diffusor)

edit: I will not hijack this thread and create a new one for the front bumper.
I don't think the car above has the QV front fascia. Note the lack of cutouts for the headlight washers and the 2.0T style lower grills. Instead it looks like there is vinyl or similar trim added to mimic the front wheel air duct openings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think the car above has the QV front fascia. Note the lack of cutouts for the headlight washers and the 2.0T style lower grills. Instead it looks like there is vinyl or similar trim added to mimic the front wheel air duct openings.
I see what you mean, still it looks very much like it has a real active splitter.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey guys! It's not my car but it's lowered on Eibach springs

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I did carbon fiber wrap. I didn't want to copy a Quad if it's not one.

Attachments

Reactions: Sensei
1 - 20 of 24 Posts