Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a color and I love Rosso but all the local examples have the red interior accents as well which seems like... A lot... To me. How are they working out for you guys?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Trying to decide on a color and I love Rosso but all the local examples have the red interior accents as well which seems like... A lot... To me. How are they working out for you guys?
Different strokes for different folks....I usually like a splash of color in my interiors but I wasn't enamored with the partial red door cards and lower dash red accents....My Quad has the standard black sport seats (not Sparco racing seats) and has contrast red stitching....I think it's very subdued and classy...but it's definitely dark....If I could have gotten a sunroof I would have but that's not possible on the Quad....I think light from the panoramic roof would have been all that was required to make the interior look less like a "coffin"....The Ice White is very nice, but I'm not a fan of the Green and White contrast stitching which is the only thing that comes with the Ice White....I wish the Quad interior was a little more customizable....but I've gotten used to it and thank God for the red stitching as it really helps with the otherwise austere aesthetic.....On the other hand, my Stelvio is delightful on the interior ......D

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Different strokes for different folks....I usually like a splash of color in my interiors but I wasn't enamored with the partial red door cards and lower dash red accents....My Quad has the standard black sport seats (not Sparco racing seats) and has contrast red stitching....I think it's very subdued and classy...but it's definitely dark....If I could have gotten a sunroof I would have but that's not possible on the Quad....I think light from the panoramic roof would have been all that was required to make the interior look less like a "coffin"....The Ice White is very nice, but I'm not a fan of the Green and White contrast stitching which is the only thing that comes with the Ice White....I wish the Quad interior was a little more customizable....but I've gotten used to it and thank God for the red stitching as it really helps with the otherwise austere aesthetic.....On the other hand, my Stelvio is delightful on the interior ......D
My preference would be plain black door cards with the red stitching but I can't find that setup within a couple hundred miles unfortunately. Luckily I love Misano.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Misano is a great color and it looks AMAZING with the Ice White !!! The White and Green stitching complement the Misano color better than the Comp Rosso in my opinion....Blue and Green are just more complementary (I know, I know...the Italian flag...red and green...I know, I know)....:wink2:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It’s all persoanal taste so if you like it go for it! I personally like splashes of color inside in dark for more subdued colors. A red car is already bright so I tend to stick to darker interiors. I did test drive a Stelvio Quad over the weekend that was vulcano black with a red dash, red stitching and black seats and was stunning looking. My gf who went with me isn’t much into cars but said she was in love with the color combo. I like black cars but they need to be kept spotless to look good so I tend to steer away from them.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love, love, love my Rosso Competizione QV with the red on the doors and dash and the red stitching. I would not have it any other way.

Jeff

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Maybe One Day...

maybe Alfa will create some sort of "individual" or sonderwunsch program like BMW or Porsche
where by you can do paint to sample and have interior options....
ehh who am I kidding...ain;t gonna happen:grin2:

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce (MY19) - 1973 C110 Skyline - 1977 Datsun 810 SSS - 1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
310 Posts
I personally would have loved, and would still love to get the Red seats with the black dash and door cards!

·
Registered
501 Posts
My second choice (currently have Rosso with black interior, though tan would've been Ferrari-esque) was vulcano black with the red interior as that looks like a fantastic contrast.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same questions, but, about 14 months ago, I went red over red with yellow calipers, and I haven’t regretted it once. It’s an Alfa.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Has anyone seen a photo of red with the black/ice interior? You don't see that black/ice interior on many cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm an understated kind of guy who collects British sports cars and flirts with Alfas. Ordinarily I would find the red accents too brash for my taste, but when I saw my Quad in Competizione Rossi the accents seemed exactly right. Love at first sight--and after five months I would not want her any other way!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
Are red seats "a thing" on the QV? I thought due to the black only alcantara that it was a matter of what color stitching do you want on your black seats.

I would love to get Sparcos for my Q4, upholstered in that red leather used for the 4 cylinder sport seats and augmented with seat heaters. I think the red leather against the polished CF would simply be stunning. After considering what that would cost to arrange and all of the thinks that could go wrong, it will probably never happen <sigh>.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are red seats "a thing" on the QV? I thought due to the black only alcantara that it was a matter of what color stitching do you want on your black seats.

Yes, black seats with red stitching and red panels on dash and doors. I love this combo my Rosso Competizione QV.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Please don’t shoot me but here is my issue with the red. On the QV the leather dash and seats and pretty sure all leather at least with Sparcos were dark gray. The vinyl was all red. If the red was leather i would have a different thought process but because the parts that are vinyl are red I prefer black because it is understated. If you are going to go bold they should have made the leather dash, wheel or trim red leather but the red vinyl screamed to me. We just got done looking at the Stelvio QVs and really thought the red bothered me. Probably because I really do like smooth leather and it looks rich. I am glad we have black accents on the QV. The green or red stitching on the leather would have been nice just not the front and side panels that are either plastic or vinyl.

I get the whole Italian thing but if you have steel rotors yellow calipers on rosso will be a forever maintenance item to look clean. I ham carbon so wouldn’t matter what color but after a year of ownership I told my husband....I am glad you didn’t let me convince you to go with yellow. It is not a Ferrari it is an Alfa. Although I have dark tecnico and not 5 hole so I guess I go against the grain even with a car who most would think are all about being different.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Saw a Rosso Stelvio today with the black/ice combination interior. I like it. I think the inclusion of the ice trim color sets off the otherwise all black interior, nicely. Don't see too many Giulias with that combination.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts