Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, I have aspirations of driving a very cool and ridiculously fast Italian car. No, I am not an aficionado that has owned several Alfas in the past. But regardless I did put a deposit down on a white QV in February from the Tacoma dealership. It's 3 hours north of me but they had what I wanted and a mans got to do what a mans got to do. Dark 5-hole wheels, black calipers, ceramic brakes and just about every other goody I could find other than the race seats. My old bones like to be nice and toasty when I drive and they don't heat up!

It will be replacing my current ride an M4. I will be sad to let her go as she is a sexy beast but variety is the spice of my life! I'm anxiously awaiting the new ride but I am in the same boat as most...no idea when it will show up!

I'm excited to be part of Team Alfa and rolling in this fine specimen of Italian engineering. Perhaps I may even run into @brad270 or @Gfrfan as I've seen their posts and saw that they're in the PNW while I've been trolling this site!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your order and your good attitude about the wait. I thought I could stay calm however long it was going to take but it hasn't been easy.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Welcome! Lots of good info here. Hopefully the car arrives sooner than you expect!

Reactions: Bert258

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Yes, I have aspirations of driving a very cool and ridiculously fast Italian car. No, I am not an aficionado that has owned several Alfas in the past. But regardless I did put a deposit down on a white QV in February from the Tacoma dealership. It's 3 hours north of me but they had what I wanted and a mans got to do what a mans got to do. Dark 5-hole wheels, black calipers, ceramic brakes and just about every other goody I could find other than the race seats. My old bones like to be nice and toasty when I drive and they don't heat up!

It will be replacing my current ride an M4. I will be sad to let her go as she is a sexy beast but variety is the spice of my life! I'm anxiously awaiting the new ride but I am in the same boat as most...no idea when it will show up!

I'm excited to be part of Team Alfa and rolling in this fine specimen of Italian engineering. Perhaps I may even run into @brad270 or @Gfrfan as I've seen their posts and saw that they're in the PNW while I've been trolling this site!
uh oh....the fanboys at the M3 Forum are going to razz you a bit:grin2:
welcome to the nut house...Trofeo White is very sharp!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome! And good on ya for the find. But I will build what I want, to **** with the wait. It's worth it!

Reactions: Bert258

·
Registered
62 Posts
Three hours south of Tacoma must place you near Salem, OR. Right? Your QV will be well worth the wait. Fortuately for me, I found the Giulia I wanted -- that's lusted for -- in transit to the Tacoma dealer, expecting a wait of at least two weeks. I stopped by the Tacoma Alfa dealer the Monday after Easter, and, lo, the car was there. It was prepped and I drove it home to Lacey that afternoon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Three hours south of Tacoma must place you near Salem, OR. Right? Your QV will be well worth the wait. Fortuately for me, I found the Giulia I wanted -- that's lusted for -- in transit to the Tacoma dealer, expecting a wait of at least two weeks. I stopped by the Tacoma Alfa dealer the Monday after Easter, and, lo, the car was there. It was prepped and I drove it home to Lacey that afternoon.
I love hearing romantic stories such as yours! Did they not tell you that it landed at your location? I'm near Portland. I'm working with John in Tacoma and he's been very patient with me as I whine that it's never coming in!!! If only he had a clue when it was going to show up!!! The dealership here locally has been reasonably personable but they didn't have the one I wanted in their upcoming stock and when I dropped by they don't seem to be too interested in unlocking the doors on the QV they have in the showroom so I could even take a look inside it! :| . Maybe I have to put money on it before they'll unlock the doors! Being that I have to service mine locally I hope their service folks are more accommodating.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

The wait will be worth it. I have a 4C and am waiting on a Ti.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here!

I myself just ordered a QV from the Tacoma locations. Trofeo white, green and white stitching, 5 hole dark wheels, black calipers, no CCB's, though. Sounds a lot like yours! My allocation gets submitted on the 13th. They told me 6 to 7 months until delivery! Hope it doesn't take that long, but if it does oh well. Being part of a rare club is worth the wait!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Glad to see the Tacoma dealership is cooking! They sold me my Rosso Red Ti sport - very easy going and no pressure experience!

·
Registered
226 Posts
By the way, Bert and Freeman - if either of you want to trade down from the QV to the Ti I'm game :)) The Ti is quick and nimble, so I can only imagine what a blast the QV will be.. I think there is one on the road around Tacoma that was sold back in January..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe it's a blue one rolling around the Tacoma area. That's what Daniel at Alfa of Tacoma said anyways. I'm sure at some point i will cross paths with him!

And the experience at the Tacoma location was great! It's just to bad they don't have a QV to test drive. I bought a QV without driving one. Just watched lots of Youtube videos and read a lot of these threads.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I believe it's a blue one rolling around the Tacoma area. That's what Daniel at Alfa of Tacoma said anyways. I'm sure at some point i will cross paths with him!

And the experience at the Tacoma location was great! It's just to bad they don't have a QV to test drive. I bought a QV without driving one. Just watched lots of Youtube videos and read a lot of these threads.
Hear the rumor on the blue one...Yes, to my knowledge there has not yet been a QV on any dealer lot in the NW...Alfa of Renton had one in transit, but it disappeared off their website before it ever landed, so assume this was a pre-order.. Anyways, congrats and good luck with the wait..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I myself just ordered a QV from the Tacoma locations. Trofeo white, green and white stitching, 5 hole dark wheels, black calipers, no CCB's, though. Sounds a lot like yours! My allocation gets submitted on the 13th. They told me 6 to 7 months until delivery! Hope it doesn't take that long, but if it does oh well. Being part of a rare club is worth the wait!
Did they tell you if you'd end up getting an MY2017 or MY2018? Jeez I wish I could test drive one to ease my anxious self! I've never been great at waiting...it's like Santa's coming all over again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did they tell you if you'd end up getting an MY2017 or MY2018? Jeez I wish I could test drive one to ease my anxious self! I've never been great at waiting...it's like Santa's coming all over again!
They told me that i will be getting a 2017. You can't order a 2018 until July is what the dealer said. Then they said it would be up to 8 months for that delivery! I've read that there is not much difference in the years. I'm impatient and want to be in the QV club now while it's still super rare. 2018 will be more of a flood of QVs i believe. Just like the Tesla releases. First year was rare to see one, second year they ramped up production and now you see them a lot.

I'm sure ill cry when i see it for the first time. Then my wife will slap me because i didn't cry when she walked down the isle. It'll be like the scene in fast and furious when he walks up to Eleanor right before he steals it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They told me that i will be getting a 2017. You can't order a 2018 until July is what the dealer said. Then they said it would be up to 8 months for that delivery! I've read that there is not much difference in the years. I'm impatient and want to be in the QV club now while it's still super rare. 2018 will be more of a flood of QVs i believe. Just like the Tesla releases. First year was rare to see one, second year they ramped up production and now you see them a lot.
Lol.....the old "scarcity principle" of marketing coming into play. I feel the same way :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts