Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would very much like to replace the front bumper on my 2.0 with the QV front bumper + active splitter.
Does anyone know if the splitter can be made to actually work on the 2.0 and if all parts will fit without too much modification?

In another thread about sideskirts http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/385-exterior/37186-quadrifoglio-sideskirts-2-0-model-2.html#post625490 it appears there are more 2.0's with the QV bumper. It also seems that the 2.0 (ti/veloce?) grills fit into this, rather than the QV grills which have extra "holes" in the corners for cooling.

Anyone tried this or any idea of feasibility and price tag?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I doubt that it would be possible to fit a QV front bumper on a 2.0. The QV has different fenders and hood shape as well which would likely cause fitting issues with the 2.0 fenders and hood. The pictures in the thread you mentioned is just a modified 2.0 bumper to look more like the QV but isnt actually a QV bumper with active aero. And as far as the splitter goes, even if you were able to make enough modification to get the QV bumper on and all necessary hardware for the active splitter, the splitter is controlled by the QV chassis domain control which is very different from that on the other Giulias. So even if you were somehow able to get the bumper and splitter and all the hardware onto the car, there would be no way of getting it to function properly.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
^^ hood and fenders are exactly the same shape on QV as on Ti, the only difference is vents and identation for QV badge, Mac confirmed that WV hood for example would fit without any problems on Ti...BCM SW is probably the only reason why you might not be able to make splitter operate....

I find it in general funny when people keep talking about QV and Ti being completelly different cars, body and chassis are pretty much the same, differences that matter are in powertrain, aero and suspension, Chris from EC said himself that from bottom cars look more or less the same in the same thread where overly proud QV owner claimed that QV looks like completelly different car from bottom

·
Registered
588 Posts
overly proud QV owner claimed that QV looks like completelly different car from bottom
Some of them gotta defend that $30k premium over the base. :D

The differences between the QV and the base/ti bumpers is pretty insignificant -- seems like it's just the whisker vents, the soul patch vent, and the fog light holes.

Is there something else I'm missing?

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
505 Posts
I like the idea of replacing the vents though. I kinda find the standard vents a big big and simple. I wished AR would have done something unique with fog lights or so.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
505 Posts
I have seen that, and they do indeed a bit 80s,considering the beauty of this model. Something LED would have been nice, but I could go without if I could get vents for a decent price (nothing seems decent in price on this car)

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^ hood and fenders are exactly the same shape on QV as on Ti, the only difference is vents and identation for QV badge, Mac confirmed that WV hood for example would fit without any problems on Ti...BCM SW is probably the only reason why you might not be able to make splitter operate....

I find it in general funny when people keep talking about QV and Ti being completelly different cars, body and chassis are pretty much the same, differences that matter are in powertrain, aero and suspension, Chris from EC said himself that from bottom cars look more or less the same in the same thread where overly proud QV owner claimed that QV looks like completelly different car from bottom
Hey, can anyone confirm that the QV fender can fit on Ti / Veloce w/o any modification or change of bumper? Keen to have the vent on my Veloce but want to know what's the damage (fender replacement vs fender + bumper + etc)

·
Registered
128 Posts

Wrong. Hood is the same aside from the vents, but fenders and bumper are different. Fenders on QV are wider.

source? I own both.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
^ nice that you own both, please note I reiterated MacGeek‘s statement...he has made many claims like yours bit silly in the past....so how much wider exactly are they?
I have absolutely no idea. But just looking at the distance from edge of headlight to fender it’s apparent pretty quickly in person. 🙂 not a massive difference, but it’s there. Maybe half an inch?

I the QV fender would fit the standard giulia no problem. But you’d need the QV bumper to match.
I don’t think QV bumper without QV fenders would work.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
^so you are saying same thing, fender would fit Ti...according to literature QV is 12mm wider which would make 6 mm on each side, most likely due to rear tire sizes not wider front fenders....looking at your pictures both fenders look same width...QV one just appears more bulbous because of the vent depression towards the doors

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.