Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not sure, the email says Clay Williams in the header. I just went to their dealer website and used their messaging function. I received an email reply within a few minutes. Personally I’m going with the 8/75 $100 plan, but either is an incredible value if you’re planning to keep your car past the factory warranty IMHO. There are also higher mileage plans of course.

·
Registered
36 Posts
To anyone still confused- the plan being sold is the same Mopar Maximum Care extended warranty from Mopar. Zeigler, Clay Robbins, your dealership- they are all selling the same warranty. From lurking around and reading most of the posts, it seems Zeigler beats most dealerships, and Clay beats Zeigler by about $200-$300 depending on which mileage/year combo you get.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not sure, the email says Clay Williams in the header. I just went to their dealer website and used their messaging function. I received an email reply within a few minutes. Personally I’m going with the 8/75 $100 plan, but either is an incredible value if you’re planning to keep your car past the factory warranty IMHO. There are also higher mileage plans of course.
I went with the 7/85 which was $2660 when I bought it about a year and a half ago. It seemed like the best value. They seem to charge a big premium for that eighth year. I wonder if they know something.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went with the 7/85 which was $2660 when I bought it about a year and a half ago. It seemed like the best value. They seem to charge a big premium for that eighth year. I wonder if they know something.
Great deal! I looks like the pricing has increased some since then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been reading this thread and thought I could add some value even though I'm a Stelvio Quad owner. I've been researching warranty options lately and have had great luck with Fidelity Warranty Services in the past on multiple cars so I narrowed my search down to Mopar Max Care and Fidelity. I really don't like the fact that the Mopar's Max care is inclusionary vs Fidelity's Platinum which is truly an exclusionary warranty (essentially a factory bumper to bumper warranty equivalent).
I've seen some conflicting info in this thread about whether and where you can get these but I live in Washington state and just bought a 6/85K Fidelity Platinum plan w/a $250 deductible for my Stelvio Quad for a touch over $3K, Note Fidelity plans start on the day you buy the warranty, not the in service date of the vehicle. Since I bought my car in Dec of 2018, I'm essentially getting a 7/85 plan if that makes sense. Note that their prices jump up after you've owned the car for a full year or have over 10K miles so if you're thinking of one make sure you do it before you hit 10K or cross the 1yr mark in order to get the best prices. Not sure if this will be the best option for everyone but thought I'd offer it up as an alternative to be aware of. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Been reading this thread and thought I could add some value even though I'm a Stelvio Quad owner. I've been researching warranty options lately and have had great luck with Fidelity Warranty Services in the past on multiple cars so I narrowed my search down to Mopar Max Care and Fidelity. I really don't like the fact that the Mopar's Max care is inclusionary vs Fidelity's Platinum which is truly an exclusionary warranty (essentially a factory bumper to bumper warranty equivalent).
I've seen some conflicting info in this thread about whether and where you can get these but I live in Washington state and just bought a 6/85K Fidelity Platinum plan w/a $250 deductible for my Stelvio Quad for a touch over $3K, Note Fidelity plans start on the day you buy the warranty, not the in service date of the vehicle. Since I bought my car in Dec of 2018, I'm essentially getting a 7/85 plan if that makes sense. Note that their prices jump up after you've owned the car for a full year or have over 10K miles so if you're thinking of one make sure you do it before you hit 10K or cross the 1yr mark in order to get the best prices. Not sure if this will be the best option for everyone but thought I'd offer it up as an alternative to be aware of. Hope it helps!

I had checked with Fidelity and at the time they weren't writing Alfa Romeo. Where did you buy it from? Fidelity is an EXCELLENT company and I've got their Platinum warranties on my 2 Porsches. If Fidelity writes them through dealers then there's a couple great places to get discounts. How did you buy yours?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Guys, I just bought the Road Hazard Tire and Wheel - 7 Year Mopar protection with Zeigler ($375). They are offering the Mopar Extended Warranty (several different deductible, number of years and thousand of miles) at very reasonable costs. If the warranties they offer work as well and as smooth as it was the buying of that Road Hazard Tire and Wheel policy, I will highly recommend to explore Zeigler. I will buy that extended warranty in 2 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had checked with Fidelity and at the time they weren't writing Alfa Romeo. Where did you buy it from? Fidelity is an EXCELLENT company and I've got their Platinum warranties on my 2 Porsches. If Fidelity writes them through dealers then there's a couple great places to get discounts. How did you buy yours?
Hi Kevin, agreed that Fidelity is the best in terms of aftermarket warranties. I used them on one of my Porches years ago also!

I bought mine from Mike Jourdan at Mossy Motors in Louisiana. He's super easy to work with and offered up the best pricing I've seen on Fidelity.

·
Registered
285 Posts
To anyone still confused- the plan being sold is the same Mopar Maximum Care extended warranty from Mopar. Zeigler, Clay Robbins, your dealership- they are all selling the same warranty. From lurking around and reading most of the posts, it seems Zeigler beats most dealerships, and Clay beats Zeigler by about $200-$300 depending on which mileage/year combo you get.
Yes, and you can barter a bit with Clay Robbins, on top of the lower price compared to Zeigler.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Davilaco, I was talking to my dealer today. Can you tell me what you were quoted? I was quoted the following numbers for my 19 QV (all numbers are for 8yrs then corresponding miles):
60K $2865
75K $3405
85K $4290
100K $5355
Can anyone tell me if these are competitive?
I recently paid 3400 for an 8/75 plan with 100 dedictible (you did not seem to mention that) for my 19 qv from a different dealer. If your deductive is about that, I’d say you’re on par.
The local dealer, at the time of the sale, wanted something like 5k for a 6/100k warranty (and couldn’t give a clear answer on the deductible) and when I showed the finance guy the website for Ziegler he kept trying to make excuses like “that price is not for a QV” or “enter the actual vin and it will be different”, “I refuse to do a quick quote to get a real number“. Then after he exhausted his rebuttals he left the office and spent 10 minutes with the franchise owner before coming back in and saying that we were just worlds apart. He then tried to sell me a 500 dollar windshield tinting for “UV protection”, not realizing that laminated glass already offers this, what he actually was selling a 149 dollar heat blocker...for 500 Dollars. By the way, I did get the heat blocker from a local shop and am curious to see how it will do in the summer. Then he tried to sell me a special warranty to cover heat damage as he claimed that if damage was done by “heat” it may not be covered. I said I have no plans to put the car in a giant oven, and I assume that anything that happens outdoors is within reasonable “heat limits”, even if it its over 100 degrees outside, and asked him to show me the warranty documentation covering this exclusion... he could not pinpoint anything

It was quite funny to watch all of this, I feel sorry for people that fall into this stuff, only I wasted a lot of time getting to that point. Next time I’ll just walk in and politely say “do not attempt to sell me anything, I just want to buy the vehIcle with no additional services or plans or options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Can you tell me what car you have with year and mileage, and which warranty you bought? I think it's important for people to have data. I contacted the Toyota dealer and the price seems high but I don't have a frame of reference
It's a 2018 Stelvio QV that I purchased in Dec 2018 and it currently has around 9K miles. Just bought a Platinum 6/85K w/$250 deductible plan for it for $3K. My coverage will essentially provide me with the equivalent of 7/94K coverage. Try contacting Mike, I'd be surprised if anyone finds Fidelity warranties for much less.

·
Registered
197 Posts
... Just bought a Platinum 6/85K w/$250 deductible plan for it for $3K. My coverage will essentially provide me with the equivalent of 7/94K coverage. ...
Isn't the warranty concurrent? Total of 6 years /85K miles regardless of when it is bought (within the allowed time). Original 4/50K so that is an extra of 2/35K, correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is correct. 6Yyr / 85K miles from the moment of the purchase of the vehicle.
That is totally incorrect. That's how Mopar/Maxcare warranties work, not Fidelity (or many other extended warranty providers).

Here's the language straight out of the Fidelity Contract:
"SERVICE CONTRACT PERIOD: Coverage under this Service Contract begins on the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE DATE and the CURRENT ODOMETER READING shown on this Service Contract. Coverage under this Service Contract expires: (1) based on TERM or MILEAGE (as shown on this Service Contract), whichever comes first; or (2) if/when the aggregate total of benefits paid/payable under the Service Contract exceeds the limits as set forth in the LIMITS OF LIABILITY section."

For example: if you buy the Fidelity 6/85 warranty on a car that's already 2 years old with 20K miles on it, you'll receive coverage for an additional 6 years from the day you buy the warranty or an additional 85K miles based on the mileage of the car on the day you buy the warranty whichever comes first. In this case you'd have coverage for potentially 8 years or 105K miles. Can't say it will be a cheap warranty because their prices increase as the car gets past 10K miles/1 year old, but that's how they work.

I don't represent Fidelity BTW, and can't say for sure how well their prices/value will stack up compared to Maxcare when it comes to the Giulia, but for my Stelvio, it was a no-brainer to get the Fidelity. Feel free to call Fidelity directly or try Mike, both will confirm what I've stated above.

·
Registered
717 Posts
That is totally incorrect. That's how Mopar/Maxcare warranties work, not Fidelity (or many other extended warranty providers).

Here's the language straight out of the Fidelity Contract:
"SERVICE CONTRACT PERIOD: Coverage under this Service Contract begins on the SERVICE CONTRACT PURCHASE DATE and the CURRENT ODOMETER READING shown on this Service Contract. Coverage under this Service Contract expires: (1) based on TERM or MILEAGE (as shown on this Service Contract), whichever comes first; or (2) if/when the aggregate total of benefits paid/payable under the Service Contract exceeds the limits as set forth in the LIMITS OF LIABILITY section."

For example: if you buy the Fidelity 6/85 warranty on a car that's already 2 years old with 20K miles on it, you'll receive coverage for an additional 6 years from the day you buy the warranty or an additional 85K miles based on the mileage of the car on the day you buy the warranty whichever comes first. In this case you'd have coverage for potentially 8 years or 105K miles. Can't say it will be a cheap warranty because their prices increase as the car gets past 10K miles/1 year old, but that's how they work.

I don't represent Fidelity BTW, and can't say for sure how well their prices/value will stack up compared to Maxcare when it comes to the Giulia, but for my Stelvio, it was a no-brainer to get the Fidelity. Feel free to call Fidelity directly or try Mike, both will confirm what I've stated above.
Thanks. I had never imagine that, nor it works as all other extended warranties I have investigated. All I knew on extended warranties was that they start from the purchase date. It is also weird as a $3K for a 6yr/85K miles extended warranty which will actually cover 7yr and 94K miles is a super extraordinary deal for the client. So, everybody should buy Fidelity extended warranties.

·
Registered
197 Posts
For what is worth to others looking for extended warranty insurance, Fidelity gets 2 out of 5 rating in consumeraffairs.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
For what is worth to others looking for extended warranty insurance, Fidelity gets 2 out of 5 rating in consumeraffairs.com
I would give them a 2/5 as well. I had their platinum plan on a B6 S4 that suffered a snapped timing chain guide. Luckily (but perhaps not) I caught it in time before the guide failed completely, but it took three months of waiting for Fidelity to approve the engine removal and teardown. Eventually they did, but the amount of time and energy that went into micromanaging the situation is something I never want to deal with again.

141 - 160 of 191 Posts