Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
So I just got a quote from Mr. Robbins
5yrs/65k for $4895 w/a $200 deductible....so IF I understand how this works correctly...
My car came with a 4 year 50k warranty, which starts from the in service date (12/16) with the extended warranty my car will be covered for an additional 5yrs (2025) and an additional 65k (83.5k) as my car currently has 18.5k on it.
did I understand correctly??
Thanks Gents!:)
@MDriver No. The start date of the Mopar warranty is from the delivery date and original miles. That price doesn't sound right though. See my post below for what I got from Clay.

Wow. Prices went up. I paid $2660 for a 7/85k with $100 deductible back in 2018.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I just got a quote from Mr. Robbins
5yrs/65k for $4895 w/a $200 deductible....so IF I understand how this works correctly...
My car came with a 4 year 50k warranty, which starts from the in service date (12/16) with the extended warranty my car will be covered for an additional 5yrs (2025) and an additional 65k (83.5k) as my car currently has 18.5k on it.
did I understand correctly??
Thanks Gents!:)
No, my understanding is that you would have coverage EXTENDED 1 year and 15,000 miles. So your total warranty will be 5years 65k.

I was just offered a 6 year 85,000 Mopar warranty from Alfa Romeo and it EXTENDS coverage for 2 years and 35,000 miles beyond the factory coverage.

Yeah, it sucks but that is how EXTENDED warranties work I believe.

SF

·
Registered
2019 Giulia
250 Posts
No, that is for 1 extra year and 15K extra miles. Time and service run concurrently with the standard warranty unfortunately.

Prices have really gone up! I paid $2700-something for 8 years/60K miles/$100 deductible/Maximum care a few months ago for my 2019. That was right after new car purchase though.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
BOY does that suck! $4895 for 1 xtra year of protection are you guys sure?? that just doesn't sound right..
it should read for $4895 you get your factory warranty extended for 1yr.
So basically its really $5095
I have to call him.
Thanks
M

·
Registered
184 Posts
[
you bought 2 years ago, hell of an increase
mdriver, definitely confirm those numbers with clay. In Nov of last yr I was quoted the following by clay:
8yrs/60k $2415 & 8/75k for $2955. Both of those were at $200 ded. That quote was for my 2019QV. Heaven help us if the coverage has increased that much.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia
250 Posts
Ziegler shows $3120 for the same warranty terms and conditions that I had when I got mine from Clay. At that time Ziegler was $100-200 higher so prices may have increased but not by that much.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
guys I have a MY17 car that was delivered in 2016 so 4 years expires in Dec. 2020.
In an email to me he said and I quote "that is 5 years from date of purchase and adding the miles"
So basically I have a 1yr extension on my warranty..
His original email to me yesterday stated and I quote:
"5 year 60k w/$100 deductible is $6095, $200 deductible is $4895. Would one of those work?"
SO if what you guys are saying is correct, I would be paying $5095(adding in deductible) for a 1 year warranty after my 4yr/50k factory one expires in Dec. 2020.
That's outright nuts.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m sorry to say it is as you suspect just 1 yr. it is ridiculous and as I’ve mentioned before the price of their extended warranties and the length of their basic warranties need to change in order to increase confidence in the brands reliability. The fact that engine work is not performed in the U.S. at Alfa dealerships really renders the car a ticking time bomb. Can you imagine having a bad lifter ($15 dollar part) like another owner here did and have the dealer tell you it will be 30k for an engine swap? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Ziegler is a lot less than that quote for a 2017. Check their online quote site.
uh nope. Maximum Care Plan 5yr/60k $5295 now I know why though...has to do with my "in service date" there is a HUGE price difference when your car falls outside of the 3yrs 36k window. I should have bought this in 2019 for my car.
IF my car was in that window the same plan mentioned above would be $2055 w/a $200 deductible...
Shame on me I suppose...oh well, thought my QV would be another one of my forever cars....unless of course I just trade it in for a 2020...LOL

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Uh, guys this is the reply I just got from Mr Robbins and if it is like I am reading it...then it is a GREAT deal.
and I quote:
"No. you aren’t understanding. It is 5 years from when you purchase the warranty and an ADDED 60K miles on the odometer."
he is saying this is NOT an add on to the existing. The clock starts from when I buy the warranty.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Uh, guys this is the reply I just got from Mr Robbins and if it is like I am reading it...then it is a GREAT deal.
and I quote:
"No. you aren’t understanding. It is 5 years from when you purchase the warranty and an ADDED 60K miles on the odometer."
he is saying this is NOT an add on to the existing. The clock starts from when I buy the warranty.
Are you sure he's offering you a Mopar Maximum Care warranty?
This is what it says on their web site

WHEN PLAN COVERAGE STARTS AND ENDS
All time and mileage specifications are from the warranty start date (the original in-service date of the vehicle) and 0 miles. Plan coverage continues for the length of time and mileage you select. Plan expiration is specified in your plan provisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
If that is the case then many of us have been misinformed. I would really like to believe it. @Crosshairs you have any knowledge on this?
I'll do a little research tomorrow to be sure but it has always been my understanding that a Mopar extended warranty used the same start date as the original warranty so if you bought a 6 year 100000 mile warranty it was 6 years from the original purchase date and 100000 total miles not six years from when you bought that warranty and a hundred thousand more miles.....

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Here is the email exchange:
Me:
Hello Clay,

clearly I'm having trouble with this. So I will try again. Your saying if I purchase this warranty on May 15th 2020, it will expire on May 15th 2025, mileage dependent.? I'm sorry for the confusion on my part. First time buying an extended warranty on a car.

I have had CPO cars (BMW) so I was assuming this warranty worked in the same fashion giving me an additional year once the factory warranty expired.

His Response:Yes that is correct. If you have 30K miles on it, it expires at 90K or 5 years from time of purchase. Used car warranties are different. New car plans are like that.

and the brochure was for Maximum Care no add ons

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a similar conversation with “Diane” from Jeepfactorywarranty.com two weeks ago.

These are the quotes I got for my 2017 QV with an in-service date of 1/16/2017. I spoke with her on the phone and these prices and mileages according to her are an extension from the end date. So for example a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty would end 1/16/2023 or at 24,000 miles. I don’t know if that is total miles or additional miles from the date of purchase. (I selected quotes for the low mileage option as my a QV is just a weekend cruiser). I didn’t purchase any coverage yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Giulia
250 Posts
If that is true, then the cost is not so bad IMO. The version I have runs concurrently with the OEM warranty (so "8 years" really means 4 additional years), no question about it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ok, it looks like there are two different Mopar maximum care policies. One for New cars with less than 3 years / 36K miles and one for Pre-owned cars with more than 3 years. The new car one starts at the service date. The pre-owned one starts at the time that you purchase the warranty. The coverages look about the same.

201 - 220 of 237 Posts