Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm planning to go with the Mopar Protection Plan's Maximum Care by Zeigler, sometime this calendar year. I already have the Tires and Wheels Protection Plan with them ($375, 7Yrs and up to $7K on repairs) and the experience of buying it was great (not used it so far, though). The Electrical / Extended Electrical stuff should be covered (sorry for the bad pictures. Pictures of my PC screen). I think that $4.1K w/$200 deductible for 4 additional years of warranty and a total of 85K miles is fair.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My dealer just sent me this. Does it look right to you?
He is quoting me 2460 for 7/100k with 0 deductible, which is cheaper than the 6/100k. The picture says it's a cpo plan which is my hesitation.

Clay quoted me 4570 for a 7/85k so I think my dealer is off

6E27DE89-F96E-4053-87C3-4AF5676E0540.jpeg

·
Registered
717 Posts
It looks too good to be true, I think. I think that $4.1K w/$200 deductible for 4 additional years (8 years total) of warranty and a total of 85K miles by Zeigler is competitive. And compared with Clay at $4.6K for a 7yr/85k miles, it looks also good. Again, these comments are only based on quotations. I do not have real experience with any of those companies in terms of actual responses and service.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
It looks too good to be true, I think. I think that $4.1K w/$200 deductible for 4 additional years (8 years total) of warranty and a total of 85K miles by Zeigler is competitive. And compared with Clay at $4.6K for a 7yr/85k miles, it looks also good. Again, these comments are only based on quotations. I do not have real experience with any of those companies in terms of actual responses and service.
True. It depends on year and mileage too. I'm an 18, bought in 18 with 21k on the odometer. Clay told me the rates would go up at 24k. Thanks to Corona, I'm wfh for a while so 3k will last me a long time 😭😭😭

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
It's official. I ended up going with Clay Robbins. He gave me the warranty at cost; Alfa Romeo warranty care salesman confirmed it for me. Did everything over email. Just needed my current miles and VIN. Very easy and I recommend him. I did a lot of searching but as others will attest, he is the one to go with, unless you can buy from Alfa/Mopar directly.

Ended up getting a MOPAR Max Care 7 year 85k miles 200 deductible for 4200 based on a my18 with 20k miles on it. 24k was the next price increase bracket.

I think I did well all things considered.

I'm also working on a deal for wheel and tire warranty so stay tuned

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ended up getting a MOPAR Max Care 7 year 85k miles 200 deductible for 4200 based on a my18 with 20k miles on it. 24k was the next price increase bracket.
Wow. Prices went up. I paid $2660 for a 7/85k with $100 deductible back in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Wow. Prices went up. I paid $2660 for a 7/85k with $100 deductible back in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I get for waiting 😐

Let this be a lesson to all. If you know you want an extended warranty and can afford it, get it as soon as you can

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That's what I get for waiting 😐

Let this be a lesson to all. If you know you want an extended warranty and can afford it, get it as soon as you can
you still made out. Just replacing a CF front splitter would cost more than what you paid. Anything big on that QV is minimum $5k.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts