Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm planning to go with the Mopar Protection Plan's Maximum Care by Zeigler, sometime this calendar year. I already have the Tires and Wheels Protection Plan with them ($375, 7Yrs and up to $7K on repairs) and the experience of buying it was great (not used it so far, though). The Electrical / Extended Electrical stuff should be covered (sorry for the bad pictures. Pictures of my PC screen). I think that $4.1K w/$200 deductible for 4 additional years of warranty and a total of 85K miles is fair.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
My dealer just sent me this. Does it look right to you?
He is quoting me 2460 for 7/100k with 0 deductible, which is cheaper than the 6/100k. The picture says it's a cpo plan which is my hesitation.

Clay quoted me 4570 for a 7/85k so I think my dealer is off

6E27DE89-F96E-4053-87C3-4AF5676E0540.jpeg

·
Registered
966 Posts
It looks too good to be true, I think. I think that $4.1K w/$200 deductible for 4 additional years (8 years total) of warranty and a total of 85K miles by Zeigler is competitive. And compared with Clay at $4.6K for a 7yr/85k miles, it looks also good. Again, these comments are only based on quotations. I do not have real experience with any of those companies in terms of actual responses and service.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
It looks too good to be true, I think. I think that $4.1K w/$200 deductible for 4 additional years (8 years total) of warranty and a total of 85K miles by Zeigler is competitive. And compared with Clay at $4.6K for a 7yr/85k miles, it looks also good. Again, these comments are only based on quotations. I do not have real experience with any of those companies in terms of actual responses and service.
True. It depends on year and mileage too. I'm an 18, bought in 18 with 21k on the odometer. Clay told me the rates would go up at 24k. Thanks to Corona, I'm wfh for a while so 3k will last me a long time ???

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
It's official. I ended up going with Clay Robbins. He gave me the warranty at cost; Alfa Romeo warranty care salesman confirmed it for me. Did everything over email. Just needed my current miles and VIN. Very easy and I recommend him. I did a lot of searching but as others will attest, he is the one to go with, unless you can buy from Alfa/Mopar directly.

Ended up getting a MOPAR Max Care 7 year 85k miles 200 deductible for 4200 based on a my18 with 20k miles on it. 24k was the next price increase bracket.

I think I did well all things considered.

I'm also working on a deal for wheel and tire warranty so stay tuned

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ended up getting a MOPAR Max Care 7 year 85k miles 200 deductible for 4200 based on a my18 with 20k miles on it. 24k was the next price increase bracket.
Wow. Prices went up. I paid $2660 for a 7/85k with $100 deductible back in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Wow. Prices went up. I paid $2660 for a 7/85k with $100 deductible back in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I get for waiting ?

Let this be a lesson to all. If you know you want an extended warranty and can afford it, get it as soon as you can

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
That's what I get for waiting ?

Let this be a lesson to all. If you know you want an extended warranty and can afford it, get it as soon as you can
you still made out. Just replacing a CF front splitter would cost more than what you paid. Anything big on that QV is minimum $5k.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
@Avnyc11 I would like to buy the extended warranty, who did you use again? and what is the contact info please?
Mine is a MY 2017, I am the original owner and I have well south of 20k on the odo.
appreciate the help!
M

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
@Avnyc11 I would like to buy the extended warranty, who did you use again? and what is the contact info please?
Mine is a MY 2017, I am the original owner and I have well south of 20k on the odo.
appreciate the help!
M
Clay Robbins: [email protected]

I found the exact warranty I wanted from one of the online sites like this one: Jeep Factory Warranty – Jeep Factory Warranty Online is an extended, factory warranty seller proud to offer MOPAR extended warranty coverage options to a full line of Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, and Ram vehicles.
Then I worked with clay and he beat the price a little. He did it all over email and I was even able to sign the paperwork digitally
For context, I paid 4200 even for a 200 deductible max care 7/85 with 20k on the odometer

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
appreciate the help!
M
Clay Robbins is the man
[email protected]
Tell him I sent you.....

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry for the newb question but I've never bought an extended warranty before.

I saw something about it covering a replacement front splitter. That's a wear/tear part that the OEM warranty wouldn't cover so..... Can someone give me quick cliff notes on what is covered?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Sorry for the newb question but I've never bought an extended warranty before.

I saw something about it covering a replacement front splitter. That's a wear/tear part that the OEM warranty wouldn't cover so..... Can someone give me quick cliff notes on what is covered?
the Mopar site shows what’s covered with each tier of warranty. First tier is like 500 parts or something like that. Most main things. But maybe a window switch or a belt isn’t covered. Then the next tier picks up those little things. Honestly as long as the trans, diff, engine and splitter covered you pretty much have the big repairs handled. Any of them are double the warranty cost alone minimum

·
Registered
305 Posts
I seem to recall the top plan (maximum care I think it’s called) will cover the motor of the front splitter/spoiler but I’m unaware of any extended warranty plan that would cover physical damage to the actual car itself including the front spoiler.
This car should have a camera on the front with an active collision alert for the spoiler. I wish also there a was to know if the spoiler was down.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I seem to recall the top plan (maximum care I think it’s called) will cover the motor of the front splitter/spoiler but I’m unaware of any extended warranty plan that would cover physical damage to the actual car itself including the front spoiler.
This car should have a camera on the front with an active collision alert for the spoiler. I wish also there a was to know if the spoiler was down.
Splitter motor is cheap compared to CF splitter.
motor $1k
CF splitter - $4k

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought an aftermarket splitter off Ebay for $1400 for the next time I need to replace mine. Will let yall know how it fits. It looks just as good as OEM.

If I ever blow the engine in this car, I will probably build it. I kinda just want to be covered for transmission and differential taking a dump.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
So I just got a quote from Mr. Robbins
5yrs/65k for $4895 w/a $200 deductible....so IF I understand how this works correctly...
My car came with a 4 year 50k warranty, which starts from the in service date (12/16) with the extended warranty my car will be covered for an additional 5yrs (2025) and an additional 65k (83.5k) as my car currently has 18.5k on it.
did I understand correctly??
Thanks Gents!:)

181 - 200 of 237 Posts