Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
Does anyone know what oil is used in diff and can recommend correct type from Motul which is the brand I can get my hands on easy?

Anyone here that did oil change himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
4,357 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY18
306 Posts
Hi guys!
Does anyone know what oil is used in diff and can recommend correct type from Motul which is the brand I can get my hands on easy?

Anyone here that did oil change himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need SAE 75W-85 API GL-5 oil that has 9.55550-DA8 approval.

There are only two oils that I can find that meet this requirement:
  • Tutela Transmission Axle-Drive 75W-85
  • Ravenol DGL SAE 75W-85 GL-5 LS

Motul oil selector recommends this:
Motul Motylgear 75W-85, GL-5 - but doens't have 9.55550-DA8 approval and is only semi-sythetic, while Ravenol is fully synthetic. I bought Ravenol.

Ravenol is readily available throughout Europe and directly from them - they ship to Croatia as well.

Oil change is easy. There are 3 compartments, each have one bolt in the bottom and one bolt on top; they are ment for oil change of course.

·
Vendor
4,357 Posts
How often should this oil be changed? Yes I am too lazy to go find my owners manual, plus I'd like your guys opinion as well.
I changed mine at 35K. Will change it again at 65K.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,290 Posts
I changed mine at 35K. Will change it again at 65K.
I brought my car in at 30k/4 years and this was never mentioned to me, but then again I never asked them for it either

Reactions: Buba1

·
Vendor
4,357 Posts
I brought my car in at 30k/4 years and this was never mentioned to me, but then again I never asked them for it either
It get's pretty black over time, not that it's a bad thing but I think it should be changed every 30+/-/4 years as well. I don't think this job is too tough, maybe an hour of work for a shop from Memory.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,290 Posts
It get's pretty black over time, not that it's a bad thing but I think it should be changed every 30+/-/4 years as well. I don't think this job is too tough, maybe an hour of work for a shop from Memory.
I will ask next time I'm in

Reactions: Alfissimo

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just changed the rear diff fluid last weekend, but on 2.0L. Got the fluid from Alfissimo and took maybe 20 mins max. Most of that was waiting for it to drain. The car had 45k miles on it and was black. Didn't smell burnt, but is cheap to replace for extended longevity, imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts