Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://youtu.be/Vlvl4hB43iQ

This is from my first event in the Quadrifoglio. It was at the Greensboro Coliseum. The temperature outside was high 50s in the morning. I was in the second run group and the air temp was about 65. The surface at this location is rough and can be described as a cheese grater for tires. This car come equipped with 60 treadwear tires, so soft tires on a cold surface made for a fun event to watch and drive in. A lot of cars span. This course also has a lot of elevation change, but it's hard to tell from the video fully. My run times in order were 41.5, 40.8, 40.3, 40.3 and 40.3 with my best being 40.304. This put me 28th overall and 28th in PAX out of 97 driver total. I've not done this for about 18 months, so I was a little rusty. But its like riding a bike...you don't forget. I had 359 miles on the car at the start of the event. This was my first time really being able to push the car, so now I know what its able to do. The only other car in my class was a Saturn Sky Redline and he comes with a separate set of tires. He beat me by 0.05 secs. I can live with that as this course favored the lighter weight vehicles. I can't wait for the event at the airport next year and get to use some more of it's power.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice job! That group managed to use the space quite well for a pretty long course!

And lots of respect for being honest about your PAX/overall placement, placing above mid pack is always a good thing!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Nice!
Were you in R or D mode?
Did she step out at all if in R mode?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice!
Were you in R or D mode?
Did she step out at all if in R mode?
I ran it in race mode in manual. After watching several cars spin in the first run group, I knew to be wary, but I'm also a competent driver. A C5 Corvette went and span halfway down that first section...he was being a bit enthusiastic for his first run of the day. He came with a hair of smacking the islands on the left with his back end. When I ran it didn't step out, but when I got to the first right at the bottom of the hill, and started to come back up the hill, you can half tell it's losing traction. No doubt it could have if I wanted to.

I have a video of me driving inside. I had 3 different people ride with me on 3 of my 5 runs as they were giddy to see an Alfa running. I will post the interior video later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts