Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw another thread about this, but can't find it. Dealer told me there is no break-in period, so within the first 1k miles I revved to 7k rpm twice in Race mode while in D , and paddle-shifted around 5k many more times. But the thread referenced some obscure part of owner's manual saying no aggressive acceleration during first 1k miles. So which is it? Have I harmed the car? Should I complain to dealer? Car has 2k miles now. I do keep my cars 8-9 years and 80-90k miles historically.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I doubt you have harmed the engine. They are tested more than that at the factory. Break in has become unnecessary and the warranty is not affected

·
Supporting Vendor
696 Posts
I saw another thread about this, but can't find it. Dealer told me there is no break-in period, so within the first 1k miles I revved to 7k rpm twice in Race mode while in D , and paddle-shifted around 5k many more times. But the thread referenced some obscure part of owner's manual saying no aggressive acceleration during first 1k miles. So which is it? Have I harmed the car? Should I complain to dealer? Car has 2k miles now. I do keep my cars 8-9 years and 80-90k miles historically.
Honestly, it's basically impossible not to zing the car up to 7k a few times during break-in, even if you're trying to take it easy. IMHO as long as you warmed the car up properly and drove at varied RPMs for most of the first 1000 miles you will absolutely fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts