Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Quad in March and have been tracking its progress for the last 6 months. My salesperson told me on 8/18 that it was on a truck from the port and would be arrive in 5 days. Yesterday, I got an email stating:

"Just spoke to Alfa on the car. Looks like Alfa has a hold on all QV's. They are performing some sort of quality control inspection on all of them. Your car is still in the hands of the trucking company, but can't be loaded and shipped until after inspection. They are a little tight lipped as to exactly what they are looking for, but I do know that they've been very careful on the QV's to make sure that they are absolutely perfect when they are delivered. They haven't given an updated arrival date, but I was told that it would most definitely will not be before the Labor Day holiday."

Interesting....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I ordered a Quad in March and have been tracking its progress for the last 6 months. My salesperson told me on 8/18 that it was on a truck from the port and would be arrive in 5 days. Yesterday, I got an email stating:

"Just spoke to Alfa on the car. Looks like Alfa has a hold on all QV's. They are performing some sort of quality control inspection on all of them. Your car is still in the hands of the trucking company, but can't be loaded and shipped until after inspection. They are a little tight lipped as to exactly what they are looking for, but I do know that they've been very careful on the QV's to make sure that they are absolutely perfect when they are delivered. They haven't given an updated arrival date, but I was told that it would most definitely will not be before the Labor Day holiday."

Interesting....
It is interesting, babola posted this nearly verbatim under the three weeks at port thread.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmmm, yes interesting. So does this mean some are stateside and just waiting for inspection by corporate? I had a similar indication that my car was due to arrive at port on or about 8/18.

This reminds me that we heard that the new headlight washers would be going on the assembly line a week or two AFTER my car was supposedly built. This bummed me out if they actually missed the roll out of 2018s with this well anticipated update in any way at all. What's the point if not? So maybe they are holding the first 2 weeks of 2018s to update the headlight washers. That would actually make sense but I hope it isn't a huge delay. From what's been going on before this, I would suspect it is software related. But then again the trunk lid stoppers were mechanical.

My build sheet also had PER - Production Evaluation Run printed on a line entry. And shipping to NYC not Baltimore.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes sense...same salesman, same dealer.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well the 'ALL' QVs might make sense. The car I just port is currently at port in Jacksonville FL, but they didn't seem to know when it will arrive. I can be patient....especially since my only other option would have been to order a MY18 with unwanted added standard features.

I'm fine with them doing any software or updates now rather than me having to bring the thing back and forth to the dealership.

Reactions: John_K_348
1 - 6 of 6 Posts