Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a side by side 0-60 test of AWD vs RWD Giulia to confirm the AWD is indeed substantially quicker off the line?(Alfa claims it is about 10% quicker)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You'd need to have both cars exactly the same, with the only difference being AWD in order for it to be reasonably accurate. I don't remember where, but I remember reading one of the auto magazines that tested the Q2 at 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, and the Q4 did it in 5.1 seconds. I don't know what the config was for the two cars; if one had a sunroof and the other didn't for example.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I own a q4 and used a RWD while mine was being serviced. Pushing the RWD around it felt very similar in the mid-range rpms. While moving on the road you can hardly tell the difference. Where the q4 comes alive is during launches and cornering. Launches with the q4 (with the right launching technique) can be neck snapping, a feeling I could never get out of the rwd. Upon exiting corners, predictable traction losses activate the front wheels and you feel serious grip on the pavement. What a precise system!

IMO with the q4 you have to take corners a bit slower but come out of it seriously fast. In the rwd you can enter the corner a bit quicker but exiting the corner is never as predictable or fast. Those with the q2 limited diff package might have more fun out of those corners however.

The q4 system in the stelvio exibits this behavior as well and it?s a lot of fun. The Giulia q4 system just does it better, probably a function of weight. I think the stelvio qv with q4 is going to be a winning combo and one I hope the Giulia qv might get

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I own a q4 and used a RWD while mine was being serviced. Pushing the RWD around it felt very similar in the mid-range rpms. While moving on the road you can hardly tell the difference. Where the q4 comes alive is during launches and cornering. Launches with the q4 (with the right launching technique) can be neck snapping, a feeling I could never get out of the rwd. Upon exiting corners, predictable traction losses activate the front wheels and you feel serious grip on the pavement. What a precise system!

IMO with the q4 you have to take corners a bit slower but come out of it seriously fast. In the rwd you can enter the corner a bit quicker but exiting the corner is never as predictable or fast. Those with the q2 limited diff package might have more fun out of those corners however.

The q4 system in the stelvio exibits this behavior as well and it?s a lot of fun. The Giulia q4 system just does it better, probably a function of weight. I think the stelvio qv with q4 is going to be a winning combo and one I hope the Giulia qv might get
This has been my experience almost exactly (minus the Stelvio comparison).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts