Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to add another thread on this, but this is just for Q4 owners because the floor mats are different. Does anyone with a Q4 have an excellent all weather mat solution? Both in appearance and durability. Please give details on what has worked and what hasn't. I have the Giulia Q4 mats from Madness and find them to be of shoddy quality, poor fit and completely unacceptable. They are advertised as custom fit but they don't come close to fitting. I want a nice solution for this Giulia.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Q4 Owners - what is the BEST all weather mat option?

I got the Madness Q4 Giulia mats. They don't fit and are subpar in terms of quality. Is there a high quality all weather mat that works in the Q4?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hoo boy, is this a loaded question. I've always sworn by WeatherTech in the past, but as I'm sure you know, they still haven't come out with their Q4 mats yet; I got a pair of the WeatherTech AVM mats as a stopgap until the full WeatherTech liners come out, and was pleasantly surprised by how easy they are to cut to the right shape and how good they looked once I'd done so, for only $60. However, if you're looking for a full solution today, the most legit option appears to be TuxMats, which board members appear to love.

Mine:

Alfa 1's TuxMats:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,775 Posts
Mopar is supposed to be coming out with a set. Probably won't be available until fall, though.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
It really depends on what you need and have.

For example, I don't have any need for full coverage rubber mats all year round, rather than spend TuxMat money, I'm really happy with my eBay, China-direct, quilted style, full set, full coverage mats for shoulder seasons and winter. At $90 delivered, they're about 1/3 the cost of TuxMat, and I can get a full set of Lloyd's Ultimat mats for the rest of the year and still be $50 under TuxMat price.

I also happen to think the quilted style are the best looking, especially if you can use the red stitch variant (as in a red interior, or all black).

I got two sets, one a Stelvio, from the same eBay vendor, and while they incorrectly sent my Giulia mats in the RWD variant, I think that was just a mixup because the Stelvio mats have the design accommodation for that passenger side transmission tunnel hump that the Stelvio and Giulia Q4 share, so they could have made the Q4 mats correctly as well. Anyway, because of the materials and construction, the fit is totally acceptable by my generally high standards, and it would take a pretty skilled observer to note the misfit issue.

If you just want one set for all year, though, want full coverage, and don't mind the rubberized finish, the TuxMat seem to be the heads-and-shoulder winner for durability and looks. The quilted style seem to be some type of vinyl coated fabric, so will probably wear through relatively quickly under hard use, although there is a textured, hard plastic heel plate for the driver. Perhaps the quilted style sold by EuroCompulsion and Madness Motorworks are better than the Chinese ones on eBay; looking at the pictures, they appear to be more feature-rich, like offering sidewall attachments.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chaadster - you say "I also happen to think the quilted style are the best looking, especially if you can use the red stitch variant (as in a red interior, or all black)."

I take it these are not all weather? I seem to have seen them advertised as being all weather.

·
Registered
414 Posts
It really depends on what you need and have.

For example, I don't have any need for full coverage rubber mats all year round, rather than spend TuxMat money, I'm really happy with my eBay, China-direct, quilted style, full set, full coverage mats for shoulder seasons and winter. At $90 delivered, they're about 1/3 the cost of TuxMat, and I can get a full set of Lloyd's Ultimat mats for the rest of the year and still be $50 under TuxMat price.

I also happen to think the quilted style are the best looking, especially if you can use the red stitch variant (as in a red interior, or all black).

I got two sets, one a Stelvio, from the same eBay vendor, and while they incorrectly sent my Giulia mats in the RWD variant, I think that was just a mixup because the Stelvio mats have the design accommodation for that passenger side transmission tunnel hump that the Stelvio and Giulia Q4 share, so they could have made the Q4 mats correctly as well. Anyway, because of the materials and construction, the fit is totally acceptable by my generally high standards, and it would take a pretty skilled observer to note the misfit issue.

If you just want one set for all year, though, want full coverage, and don't mind the rubberized finish, the TuxMat seem to be the heads-and-shoulder winner for durability and looks. The quilted style seem to be some type of vinyl coated fabric, so will probably wear through relatively quickly under hard use, although there is a textured, hard plastic heel plate for the driver. Perhaps the quilted style sold by EuroCompulsion and Madness Motorworks are better than the Chinese ones on eBay; looking at the pictures, they appear to be more feature-rich, like offering sidewall attachments.
Any pics or links of yours? I have an Alfa white with red interior

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you don't need full protection and just floor protection, then go with the Lloyd Northridge mats.

Quality, fit and finish are excellent.

I even got the trunk mat.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
Any pics or links of yours? I have an Alfa white with red interior
Here's a link to pics I put up in another thread about mats, which if you haven't seen it, may be worth a read-through:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/479121-post122.html

Here's a quick pick of the red stitch mats in the Stelvio:

If you look at, I think, it's posts 131 and 135 in the thread I posted above, you can see pics of the quilted mats Madness is selling. Although I'm not dissatisfied with my eBay ones, the Madness mats look like they may be of nicer fit and quality than the ones I got, which may be worth considering if you're going to be running them all the time. Maybe if I'd warmed the mats before install, or run a hair dryer over them to soften them afterwards and worked out the creases and folds, they'd look a little better.

Also, here's some pics of the red stitch quilts (not sure which source) in a red interior in another forum member's Giulia:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/465393-post1.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Tuxmats...just couldn't wait with this sloppy winter. They fit perfectly and offer complete coverage. They seem pretty durable as well. My only slight disappointment is that they cover the dead pedal which I really like the looks of, and the cargo net in the passenger side has become a "secret pocket" as it it now behind the floor mat.

Attachments

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the Tuxmats...just couldn't wait with this sloppy winter. They fit perfectly and offer complete coverage. They seem pretty durable as well. My only slight disappointment is that they cover the dead pedal which I really like the looks of, and the cargo net in the passenger side has become a "secret pocket" as it it now behind the floor mat.
I have them too, what cargo net?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,775 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.