Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Vendor
2,602 Posts
Looks great. I like these the best. Does not slam the car. Thanks for showing everyone and purchasing them from me. Glad you like them.
ciao!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
All the Eibachs pictures I’ve seen so far are way more “slammed” than yours.
Maybe you are one of the first to mount the Q4 ones?

·
Vendor
2,602 Posts
All the Eibachs pictures I’ve seen so far are way more “slammed” than yours.
Maybe you are one of the first to mount the Q4 ones?
I agree. I mentioned in another post that I have sold Eibach for Alfa's for 21 years, some are really good and some are just not. The RWD is too low. Ruins the entire look of the car and geometry. Eibach for the Alfa 164 did the same thing, so I worked with B+G to offer something for the 164 that lowered correctly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I've done the Eibach Q4 springs. They are a pretty ideal height for me. My 2019 Sport stock Q4 springs put me at 14" in the front and 14 1/4" in the rear. Frankly, that's lower than what I've seen from some 2017 Q4 measurements. I've got no idea why as I've seen official stock 2017 and 2018 spring specs, buy never seen official 2019 spring specs. I "read" 2017 is the lowest and 2018 is the highest with 2019 in the middle, but my experience is 2019 is as low, if not lower than 2017. Of course if Alfa is sourcing springs from various suppliers there will definitely be variances out there.

The Eibach Q4 springs put me at 13 1/4" in the front and 13 1/2" in the rear. I like that the Eibach's retain the rear rake. A few of the ST and H&R cars I've seen seem too low in the rear for my taste. Different strokes. According to specs, the Eibach springs are not as stiff as H&R. I've not seen the ST spring specs. The Eibach's are a bit more stiff than stock, but they are not harsh. I'm pleased. I'd love a stock spec spring rate with the Eibach height, but that doesn't exist right now. For me at least, this seems to be the best alternative for what I am looking for.

Stock Height Front:
View attachment 96145

Eibach front:
View attachment 96146

Stock Rear:

View attachment 96147

Eibach Rear:

View attachment 96148

Stock Side Profile:
View attachment 96149

Eibach Side:
View attachment 96150

Stock front angle: View attachment 96151

Front Angle Eibach:

View attachment 96152
So glad to finally see some viable options around for our Q4!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've done the Eibach Q4 springs. They are a pretty ideal height for me. My 2019 Sport stock Q4 springs put me at 14" in the front and 14 1/4" in the rear. Frankly, that's lower than what I've seen from some 2017 Q4 measurements. I've got no idea why as I've seen official stock 2017 and 2018 spring specs, buy never seen official 2019 spring specs. I "read" 2017 is the lowest and 2018 is the highest with 2019 in the middle, but my experience is 2019 is as low, if not lower than 2017. Of course if Alfa is sourcing springs from various suppliers there will definitely be variances out there.

The Eibach Q4 springs put me at 13 1/4" in the front and 13 1/2" in the rear. I like that the Eibach's retain the rear rake. A few of the ST and H&R cars I've seen seem too low in the rear for my taste. Different strokes. According to specs, the Eibach springs are not as stiff as H&R. I've not seen the ST spring specs. The Eibach's are a bit more stiff than stock, but they are not harsh. I'm pleased. I'd love a stock spec spring rate with the Eibach height, but that doesn't exist right now. For me at least, this seems to be the best alternative for what I am looking for.

Stock Height Front:
View attachment 96145

Eibach front:
View attachment 96146

Stock Rear:

View attachment 96147

Eibach Rear:

View attachment 96148

Stock Side Profile:
View attachment 96149

Eibach Side:
View attachment 96150

Stock front angle: View attachment 96151

Front Angle Eibach:

View attachment 96152
How are those seating now after some time?

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
505 Posts
Last time I lowered a car it was right after I bought a new VW Jetta TDI back in 2003. When I added lowering springs I also replaced the shocks/struts with Bilstein sport shocks/struts as the stock bits would likely not last long with the lowering springs. If I install the Eibach Q4 springs, will I be causing premature wear to my adaptive dampers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last time I lowered a car it was right after I bought a new VW Jetta TDI back in 2003. When I added lowering springs I also replaced the shocks/struts with Bilstein sport shocks/struts as the stock bits would likely not last long with the lowering springs. If I install the Eibach Q4 springs, will I be causing premature wear to my adaptive dampers?
I am also interested about this. Does anyone know if the factory adaptive dampers will handle the lower ride height?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've done this multiple times through the years (I'm old). My experience is yes, you will cause some premature wear of the adaptive dampers. Exactly how much? I can't make a reasonable calculation with the data set I have. That being said, these Eibach Q4's have lowered my car less than an inch. Further the spring rates are not that much more than stock. My experience says that if you don't lower too much and you don't increase the spring rate dramatically, you don't have much premature wear.

My best guess is these will cost me 5-10% of the life of my stock dampers which is worth it to me.

Of course my opinion + $1 will get you a Coke out of some vending machines. :)

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
505 Posts
I've done this multiple times through the years (I'm old). My experience is yes, you will cause some premature wear of the adaptive dampers. Exactly how much? I can't make a reasonable calculation with the data set I have. That being said, these Eibach Q4's have lowered my car less than an inch. Further the spring rates are not that much more than stock. My experience says that if you don't lower too much and you don't increase the spring rate dramatically, you don't have much premature wear.

My best guess is these will cost me 5-10% of the life of my stock dampers which is worth it to me.

Of course my opinion + $1 will get you a Coke out of some vending machines. :)
I appreciate your insight.

·
Vendor
183 Posts
I's say it's worth mentioning on this string that finally we've got the V3 coil over setups for the Giulia Q4 cars. We've been waiting on this release for some time now and it's great to offer it for Giulia owners.
This is from KW Suspensions, and it's a big jump in performance over doing just lowering springs. While the cost is more, you can benefit from the KW's greatly increased tunability in terms of dialing in your ride height front and rear, and easy to use independent compression / rebound setting control.

Here are two shots from the KW Giulia 952 press release:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Saw that yesterday. Definitely the route I will go. From my experience the V3 ride quality can be as good as OEM or stiffened if wanted. I think this is what I’m looking for since to me all the lowering options lower the car too much for what I use the car for. I also find the ride a bit too soft. I don’t have electronic suspension so this also an ideal option for me. Not my priority at the moment but is in my list. Now would be great if I can find a way to make the steering a bit stiffer that would be great.

·
Vendor
2,602 Posts
Hello, do you
Do I have these?

Yes I carry them all. 2017 springs work well to lower 2018 cars roughly 3/4-1" depending on model. Have done a few and lots of Qv's.

I also carry KW for the Q4. This is truly the only way to lower properly. Lowering springs alone just don't cut it most of the time, they are essentially for cosmetics only. Handling can actually be reduced despite the lower stance and stiffer spring.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Alright it's time to mount these babies on. (2017 Q2).
@Alfissimo I remember seeing this thread mentioning how the rear springs are a real pain to install; and that some bolts need to be replaced in the process. I saw those bolts for sale on your website a while ago but they're not there anymore.
Any suggestions? Are they required?

121 - 140 of 175 Posts