Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just asked my service rep to inquire about ordering the Q carbon fiber steering wheel with the red stitching :) Can anyone chime in on what material is that on the top of the steering wheel?

Anyway, its only a $400.00 option if you are purchasing the Q so I figured why not on a Vulcano Black with Red Interior TI?

I will provide an update once he gets back to me. A little deja vu when I first inquired about purchasing the Red Start/Button from Q and fitting it on the TI.

The dealer has already removed my steering wheel a couple of times down to the column due to their troubleshooting my AC issue so for them its a very easy swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just asked my service rep to inquire about ordering the Q carbon fiber steering wheel with the red stitching
Can anyone chime in on what material is that on the top of the steering wheel?

Anyway, its only a $400.00 option if you are purchasing the Q so I figured why not on a Vulcano Black with Red Interior TI?

I will provide an update once he gets back to me. A little deja vu when I first inquired about purchasing the Red Start/Button from Q and fitting it on the TI.

The dealer has already removed my steering wheel a couple of times down to the column due to their troubleshooting my AC issue so for them its a very easy swap.
I asked my dealer the same thing and they quoted me 1700 dollars for the part...not sure I want it that bad. Part number is 6LM56U9NAA. Not sure what the top material is though.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't want it that bad either at $1,700.00 but its a really nice steering wheel. Lets see what my dealer tells me. Would love to know what the top material is though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are quite a few variations of available wheels. This one shown here for example https://static.cargurus.com/images/..._giulia-pic-8199108364065318709-1024x768.jpeg

Is part # 6LM58U9OAA , The list is 1660.00 but we would offer it for 1160.00

The part number mentioned above 6LM56U9NAA has a list of 1700.00 but would sell for 1185.00

We are working on becoming a vendor here but if there is anything I can help with in the meantime please let me know

-Benny

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great idea!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts
Hmmm, it looks rather busy to me. Would I be correct that the wheel is essentially the same weight as the "base" wheel?
I would prefer to see a wheel with the ring covered entirely with leather or entirely with alcantara, and with the structural and central trim parts carbon fiber. Probably too expensive to develop and test...

·
Registered
5 Posts
@shanobear

I am unable to reply to your PM yet so here is the answer to your question at this time.

Hello,

I would be happy to look into the 2018 parts data when available and compare/provide any information I can. Confirming that the swap can be made is another story though as we simply do not know enough about these vehicles yet.

We look forward to working with you guys!

-Benny

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts
There are quite a few variations of available wheels. This one shown here for example https://static.cargurus.com/images/..._giulia-pic-8199108364065318709-1024x768.jpeg

The part number mentioned above 6LM56U9NAA has a list of 1700.00 but would sell for 1185.00

We are working on becoming a vendor here but if there is anything I can help with in the meantime please let me know

-Benny
Benny,

Is Mopar Online Parts going to offer other Alfa parts at a similar discount? I'll be wanting a mix of bling and performance parts for my car once it comes in and genuine Mopar parts at a (more) reasonable price is always a better plan. I have a Ti Q4 with 19" sport package on order.

I am particularly looking at
Carbon Fiber Mirror covers P/N 68353809AA
Carbon Fiber sill covers P/N 68353803AA
A set of 4 pieces of 19x8.5 dark Tecnico rims with TPMS on which to mount my summer tires.

Carbon fiber interior trim from the QV is also my want list, at least if the price is tolerable.
I was eye-ing a QV CF hood as well, but it seems that it is not that much lighter than the aluminum hood that comes with my car (6.4 pounds lighter).

·
Registered
332 Posts

-Benny
What's the main difference between the two? The latter seems more flat bottomed like the other Giulia models. Are there material differences as well?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm, it looks rather busy to me. Would I be correct that the wheel is essentially the same weight as the "base" wheel?
I would prefer to see a wheel with the ring covered entirely with leather or entirely with alcantara, and with the structural and central trim parts carbon fiber. Probably too expensive to develop and test...
Perhaps its because the alcantara will not withstand the constant hand touching, the hand oils and will deteriorate the material quicker so they left it only for the top portion and applied leather on the 9 and 3 position which sees more action?

·
Registered
157 Posts
@shanobear

I am unable to reply to your PM yet so here is the answer to your question at this time.

Hello,

I would be happy to look into the 2018 parts data when available and compare/provide any information I can. Confirming that the swap can be made is another story though as we simply do not know enough about these vehicles yet.

We look forward to working with you guys!

-Benny
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Benny,

Is Mopar Online Parts going to offer other Alfa parts at a similar discount? I'll be wanting a mix of bling and performance parts for my car once it comes in and genuine Mopar parts at a (more) reasonable price is always a better plan. I have a Ti Q4 with 19" sport package on order.

I am particularly looking at
Carbon Fiber Mirror covers P/N 68353809AA
Carbon Fiber sill covers P/N 68353803AA
A set of 4 pieces of 19x8.5 dark Tecnico rims with TPMS on which to mount my summer tires.

Carbon fiber interior trim from the QV is also my want list, at least if the price is tolerable.
I was eye-ing a QV CF hood as well, but it seems that it is not that much lighter than the aluminum hood that comes with my car (6.4 pounds lighter).
Hi lockem,

As an authorized Alfa Romeo dealer we will be offering every part and accessory that is available for the Giulia. Once we establish our vendor account here I will be your personal parts contact for all OE Alfa parts.

We look forward to serving this forum!

-Benny

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There are 4 variations of the CF/Alcantara wheel:

1) black stitching
2) red stitching
3) heated, black stitching
4) heated, red stitching

·
Registered
332 Posts
thanks!! So, part # 6LM58U9OAA is the heated one? I assume this because it more closely resembles the shape of my TI which has a heated wheel

There are 4 variations of the CF/Alcantara wheel:

1) black stitching
2) red stitching
3) heated, black stitching
4) heated, red stitching

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The shape is the same on all variations. I only have access to the original part numbers, so I'm unable to tell you what exactly the US part number you quoted corresponds to.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Alcantara is synthetic suede. It's used in track and racing cars for durability, stain resistance, breath-ability, and in some treatments... flame retardant. I researched whether it was lighter than normal hide. I did this because I couldn't understand why Alfo Romeo would not give a tan leather interior option on the Quad. It varies because you can make it in so many different thicknesses like leather. The Ti and Lusso options are beautiful. I guess you can't have everything and Alcantara is more "sporty" than leather. No problem, but I wish the green white stitching combination was use don the wheel as well. Or at least green stitching. Black doesn't show dirt like white would.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts