Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting new shoes on today.
according to tirerack, very last set of RE-11 they have.
Had to get it from 4 different warehouses.
comes with free road hazard warranty, but wonder how that will work as I'll need to replace it with something else now.

n

Attachments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool! are you planning to swap in Winter?
i'm gonna have to,
you know how the roads are here in new england lol.
with re-11's, any temp below 45, i'm going no where

trying to score some cheap lusso wheels w/ tpms sensor or even factory 17s if i see them around rather than buying cheap wheel on tirerack.

i saw guy here selling 18" lusso winter set but it's not square setup, it's staggered.
however, if he comes down on price, i might even consider tho since he's local.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Had the same thoughts, mine are run flat summers (Eagle F1) and right now if the car doesn't make it out the drive way it's work from home or take the SUV (which does have a winter setup) :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
I had Bridgestone RE-11 on my Miata but couldn't source replacements this time around. When we were shopping the RE-71R were on back order for a while also. So we sourced some Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 R and they're super sticky and fun. I'm convinced that all the modern Max and Extreme Summer Performance tires are awesome. You can't really go wrong from a performance standpoint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love the RE-11's
I have them on my 911 and a second set on my track wheels for the 911.

When the tires on the Alfa need replaced - I will be looking for RE-11's for sure.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the RE-11's

When the tires on the Alfa need replaced - I will be looking for RE-11's for sure.
you won't be able to.
according to Bridgestone, they are discontinued and are being replaced with S007A.
according to tirerack, I picked up very last set they had and I had to get it from 4 different warehouses.
I was torn between RE-71R vs tried and true RE-11 as I had RE-11's before and drove friend's F80 M3 w/ RE-71R.
can't go wrong with either one but I wanted non-directional asymmetrical vs directional so I went w/ RE-11.
If I had staggered setup, I'd def went with RE-71R instead tho.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had Bridgestone RE-11 on my Miata but couldn't source replacements this time around. When we were shopping the RE-71R were on back order for a while also. So we sourced some Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 R and they're super sticky and fun. I'm convinced that all the modern Max and Extreme Summer Performance tires are awesome. You can't really go wrong from a performance standpoint.
Advan Neova AD08R is also another great tire.
however, price played big factor.
Not to mention AD08R & RE-71R are directional tires which means I won't be able to rotate them
These tires were $190 a piece & Bridgestone had $70 mail-in rebate. so it ended up being $172.5 per tire.
RE-71R = $242.59, AD08R = $290, Direzza Spec 2 or 3 were $240~250 range
only thing that was cheaper were Kumho which was $150 a piece.

tell me a tire that can outperform RE-11 for same or lower cost and I'm sold, but for now I don't think there is a tire that will top RE-11 at $172.5 a piece.

Reactions: freedomgli

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love the RE-11's

I got a call from tirerack earlier after I replied to your comment.
They have 1 set of 225/40/19 left at Shreveport, LA.
I ordered 245/40/19 and surprisingly they were cheaper too.
225/40/19 is about $225/ea + $70 mail in rebate if you buy all 4.
get it while you can lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts