Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, long time lurker here, trying to finally take the plunge and get me a QV. A not-that-local dealer here has a 2017 QV "executive demo". I was told, used for a few weeks by one of the dealer execs, about 2000 miles on it. MSRP is about $76k.

I've got a great deal on a previous car used as a test drive demo, but nowhere close to this many miles on it. Anyone have experience purchasing something like this? I'm hoping to get some opinions on what's a fair offer here. There are numerous new 2017 QV's all over California, some dealers showing discounts, others not. What kinds of questions should I be asking before buying this? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What is the sticker...Quads can vary from about $75 to $95 K depending on options....so the deal can only really be judged based on optional equipment that their car has....

If the sticker is $78 K , their offer of $76 is just not enough of a discount....at that point, I would want the satisfaction of being the first owner....at $65 K, then we can start talking....D

Reactions: alfa55

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is the sticker...Quads can vary from about $75 to $95 K depending on options....so the deal can only really be judged based on optional equipment that their car has....

If the sticker is $78 K , their offer of $76 is just not enough of a discount....at that point, I would want the satisfaction of being the first owner....at $65 K, then we can start talking....D
This is the deal that I made in Sweden not wanting to take all of the depreciation with a new car.
Q driven by a dealer executive for 6 months and 5000 miles, MSRP $89 K and I bought it for $ 77 K.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I bought a 2006 Mazda6 V6 like this once. It was a **** of a deal: fully loaded and with a full warranty and like 25% off.

Any mileage less than 5k is just breaking the thing in. Moreover, if there was going to be any of the gremlins we've seen on the forum they'd have popped up. I say its a winner - assuming the full warranty is available and it was never titled, e.g. a new car but with some miles on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would never buy a demo on this car. I know I would flog the car...I know someone else would flog the car...can you blame anyone who did not own the car for pushing it to their(driver) limit? This is not the car that takes a casual spin - it begs to be flogged. I would seek a large - very large discount for the unknown.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts