Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was in the market for a new vehicle. I wanted to switch to an automatic since I would be moving back to a city with heavy traffic. I’ve always loved Alfa romeos and have driven some of the classic models and thought they were very cool. In my searches, I ran into some Alfa’s that I thought were very reasonably priced. I was shocked to find them in the mid $20ks for being 2-3 years old.

Found one with 14k miles and sport package that was a 2017 model for a really good price! All paperwork is finished and am now waiting for the car to be delivered by vroom. The wait is killing me, but super excited! Been lurking this forum for about 2 weeks.

any tips on what to look for in terms of maintenance? From reliability standpoint I’ve heard mostly good things, but thankfully car still has 1.5 years of warranty left. I do plan to go full bolt ons probably within 2-3 months of having the car. I’m assuming 300-310 WHP with intake, exhaust, and tune.
If in the next 2 years my Giulia ownership is good, I do plan to upgrade to the QV. it’s a choice between the Lexus RcF and the QV but if no issues come up, then I’ll definitely be getting the QV :)

excited to be here! You can call me J

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
1) Service history. Locate from Vroom and/or your local Alfa dealer. Make sure all required services have been done or are done. This includes the every 2 year brake fluid and every 3 year belt change.

2) Software version. Determine which software version is on your new (to you) Alfa and then learn if you want to update and how to get the dealer to do it for posting here. When you post the version, also not if you have Navi or not...and, if you do, what version of maps is installed. Find both under “Settings”.

3) No bolt-on’s or upgrades until you have the car sorted and have dealt with a dealer and know their policies/views. Then you can make educated decisions on installing stuff and possibly having to uninstall before going for service (rare, but possibly necessary in some markets).

4) Confirm all campaigns and/or recalls have been complied with by Alfa. There are a number of these than may apply, and (again) you Alfa dealer can assist you here.

Reactions: Wizard Smokey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1) Service history. Locate from Vroom and/or your local Alfa dealer. Make sure all required services have been done or are done. This includes the every 2 year brake fluid and every 3 year belt change.

2) Software version. Determine which software version is on your new (to you) Alfa and then learn if you want to update and how to get the dealer to do it for posting here. When you post the version, also not if you have Navi or not...and, if you do, what version of maps is installed. Find both under “Settings”.

3) No bolt-on’s or upgrades until you have the car sorted and have dealt with a dealer and know their policies/views. Then you can make educated decisions on installing stuff and possibly having to uninstall before going for service (rare, but possibly necessary in some markets).

4) Confirm all campaigns and/or recalls have been complied with by Alfa. There are a number of these than may apply, and (again) you Alfa dealer can assist you here.
Wow, thank you for the great write up! I remember seeing the previous owner only had 1 service done. The car only has 14k miles, so maybe that’s why.... though I see it was taken into the dealer, I’m not sure if the recall work was done. Do you suggest just taking it to the dealer and seeing what needs to be done?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Wow, thank you for the great write up! I remember seeing the previous owner only had 1 service done. The car only has 14k miles, so maybe that’s why.... though I see it was taken into the dealer, I’m not sure if the recall work was done. Do you suggest just taking it to the dealer and seeing what needs to be done?
Absolutely, you can contact the dealer by phone and have then check your VIN...or you might be able to use the Alfa Romeo App to check, depends if you can register the vehicle yet.

With it being a 2018, a second service is likely overdue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely, you can contact the dealer by phone and have then check your VIN...or you might be able to use the Alfa Romeo App to check, depends if you can register the vehicle yet.

With it being a 2018, a second service is likely overdue.
It’s actually a 2017. So yeah, as soon as I get the car I’m definitely taking it in to get a full on service. Do you, and people generally take it to the Alfa dealership or do you guys go to independent shops?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
It’s actually a 2017. So yeah, as soon as I get the car I’m definitely taking it in to get a full on service. Do you, and people generally take it to the Alfa dealership or do you guys go to independent shops?
Dealer. Independent shops won’t have the tools, experience or expertise to do anything beyond very basic service.

Reactions: AlfaCrisis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I plan on getting QV too if my newly purchased used one lasts me too! Welcome!
Nice! I was originally fixated on the RC-F but the more and more I look into the QV the more I like it. Though I hear the reliability isn’t the greatest. But if I have nothing but good experiences with the Alfa over the next few years, then definitely will switch it out for the QV. Heck, if my investments do well over the next year, might even upgrade next year haha.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Gotcha. So all service/maintenance everything you guys take to the dealership? I will go that route too if that is what is advised.
Yeah, I think you’ll find most people here either go dealer or DIY.....heck, it took the dealers quite a while to achieve a basic level of competence 🙂.

Reactions: Raguzzi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I think you’ll find most people here either go dealer or DIY.....heck, it took the dealers quite a while to achieve a basic level of competence 🙂.
Definitely not looking forward to it! Lol. hopefully I won’t have many trips there, and hopefully the ones I do have will be pleasant. Can’t wait for the car to finally be here.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Welcome to the cult. Post pictures!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you! I purchased from vroom and they have delayed everything and given no updates. I was supposed to have a delivery date by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest and still nothing. Just giving me the runaround. Hoping I get my car next week :-(. The wait is killing me!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts