Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can purchase additional miles on an Alfa lease before it's up? A buddy of mine received an offer in the mail from Audi to purchase additional miles on his Q5 lease at a discounted rate rather than pay the over mileage penalty at the end of the lease. The cost was something like $0.12/mile to add miles mid-lease vs. $0.20/mile at the end of the lease. I have a 12,000 mile/year lease but I'm already quite a bit over what I should be averaging per month, so it would be pretty handy if Alfa (or Ally) offered something similar.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I used up 25% of my lease term and have not received any offer like that nor have I ever on any other lease Ive had. Maybe Audi didn't want the cars back and wanted him to keep them a bit longer...

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I don't see the incentive for Ally (or any other lease company) to do this. If they've already got you under contract to pay .20 or .25 cents per mile of overage, why would they offer to sell them to you at .12 cents?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't see the incentive for Ally (or any other lease company) to do this. If they've already got you under contract to pay .20 or .25 cents per mile of overage, why would they offer to sell them to you at .12 cents?
I'm not sure what the incentive for it is. I don't know why Audi does it either. Maybe they figure that some people might be more likely to exceed their cap at $0.12 than at $0.25 and want to capitalize on the chance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was able to do this with my BMW. It was on my BMWFS log in as an option to purchase more miles upfront at a discounted rate. Also they would allow you to divide the amount into your remaining monthly payments.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to do this with my BMW. It was on my BMWFS log in as an option to purchase more miles upfront at a discounted rate. Also they would allow you to divide the amount into your remaining monthly payments.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check to see if Ally has something similar on their site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts