Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Would owning the fastest production sedan to lap the Nurburgring be of interest to you? Luckily you're in the right place as Alfa Romeo recently announced the Giulia QV looped the Nordschleife in 7:39.

Realistically what else did you expect, with a 3.0L TT making 510 hp and 442 lb-ft of twist nestled in a sub 3,500 lb package that's been pieced together by people poached from the Prancing Horse?

Speaking of Ferrari, hows this for context. The Giulia QV equals the time laid down by Ferraris 430 Scuderia and lags a mere second behind the carbon swathed Lexus LFA. As for BMW's M4, the Giulia gaps it by a monstrous 13 seconds, we don't care how good BMW thinks the M4 GTS is, it's not 13 seconds better then the current M4.

Still a non believer? This is the official time ticket issued by the Nurburgring:

On the pricing front, Alfa used the Frankfurt Motor Show to announce Italian pricing. Your base Giulia QV clocks in at EUR 79,000 while opting for the range topper featuring carbon ceramic discs, carbon seat backs and other assorted sprinkles will put you back EUR 95,000.

Interestingly, the EUR 95,000 carbon special will be the only Giulia available at first, with order books set to open just after Frankfurt.

Your guess is as good as ours when it comes to North American timelines. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wonder though if they were using super sticky slicks? I mean to beat Ferraris, lambos and be right on the tail of the LFA... Look I know the car is impressive but for some reason this feels like someone is trying to build a legend then actually be legendary...

·
Registered
420 Posts
I wonder though if they were using super sticky slicks? I mean to beat Ferraris, lambos and be right on the tail of the LFA... Look I know the car is impressive but for some reason this feels like someone is trying to build a legend then actually be legendary...
Good point, tires matter. It would be great if these were on the same tires they'll come with from the factory but given the track it's more than likely they put on what would maximize perfmance

·
Registered
288 Posts
At the end of the day I care less about how it compares to the other cars and more about if it is a fun and exciting car to drive. The horse race doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
At the end of the day I care less about how it compares to the other cars and more about if it is a fun and exciting car to drive. The horse race doesn't matter to me.
To you sure... but to the hoards of image shoppers it matters BIG time. Do you know how much its worth to the ego of a narcissist to be able to say with absolute impunity that his car will beat yours... Probabaly one of the single most important things Alfa could do in terms of clawing back sales from the Germans... ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
And we all know how big image is when you get into this dollar range, sucks to be that guy that has to compare instead of worrying out what resonates with what HE wants out of a car instead of what impresses other people.

·
Registered
277 Posts
And we all know how big image is when you get into this dollar range, sucks to be that guy that has to compare instead of worrying out what resonates with what HE wants out of a car instead of what impresses other people.
its more sophisticated then that my friend. It becomes what SHOULD I want out of a car? the SHOULD is where what impresses other people lays, but it morphs from being out and out focused on others into 'what is expected of me'

·
Registered
288 Posts
To you sure... but to the hoards of image shoppers it matters BIG time. Do you know how much its worth to the ego of a narcissist to be able to say with absolute impunity that his car will beat yours... Probabaly one of the single most important things Alfa could do in terms of clawing back sales from the Germans... ;)
I suppose its just that I don't think that faster necessarily means better or more fun to drive. So the times don't matter that much to me. One could faster, but it doesn't mean that I like it more.n

·
Registered
277 Posts
I suppose its just that I don't think that faster necessarily means better or more fun to drive. So the times don't matter that much to me. One could faster, but it doesn't mean that I like it more.n
again, thats to you. I'm not trying to convince YOU that it matters to you, I'm trying to convince you it matters to most of the OTHER people Alfa wants to buy this car...

·
Registered
70 Posts
The track time won't be enough to draw away Lamborghini or McLaren buyers but it may be able to appeal to the other luxury brand buyers like Audi or BMW.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The track time won't be enough to draw away Lamborghini or McLaren buyers but it may be able to appeal to the other luxury brand buyers like Audi or BMW.
Yea but Alfa was never trying to talk out of a McLaren and into a Giulia... now if you wanted a QV as your DD that's a different story, but it was never an either or choice...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Only way Alfa will be able to target customers into McLaren's, Ferrari's, etc is with something high up like the 8C or something above that... 9C? 10C? even then they seem more like a GT brand than all out sport.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts