Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with wipers on. Finally rained in CA today and I noticed pulsations in the brake pedal synchronous with the wiper motion. Some electrical draw I guess.
Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Yes. This is a feature of the product across not only all Giulias around the world but also some Mercs, BMWs, Volvos etc. Noticeable when pedal fully depressed at stop light for example and wipers are on.

Perhaps the wiper motor is attached to the same structure as a part of the brake system or very close to each other on/by the firewall.. Not certain but it is possible. This is the general consensus on other makes of cars.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Reason is electrical not mechanical...Giulia uses electrohydraulic brake system and pulsation from the load of vipers can be felt in the pedal.....it is well covered on the forum , search function is your friend

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
This sensation only produces a 'feel' to the driver's foot. It does not effect how the brakes actually work.

·
Registered
167 Posts
From my observation it is not electrical draw. The wipers should not affect the circuit and the alternator makes plenty of Amps when the engine is running.

If you look at the wiper spindle and motor on the RHD car with the hood up and running you will see the structure butts the Brake fluid reservoir housing and control pump. I think this is what it might be?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
That is the same odd feeling which comes when the sink water pressure is affected by the toilet flushing. Too close of a connection!
Even worse when one is in the shower?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts