Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After starting this journey 3 months ago by looking at the Ghibli S and Levante S initially, we decided on a Quadrifoglio after test driving one about 2 weeks ago.

Placed our order yesterday (Sat., 06-May-2017) with Central Florida Alfa Romeo (Orlando).

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
-- Trofeo White Tri-Coat
-- Interior red stitching
-- Carbon fiber steering wheel
-- Dark 5-hole wheels
-- Forward collision warning
-- Harman Kardon sound system

We were told 5-6 months so the wait begins... :frown2:

Reactions: mc3456 and peczenij

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you arent picky about the color, Jim Ellis Atlanta has either a red or blue one available, they got 3 in when i was picking up my quad for service and the service guy wasn't sure which of the 3 was available. 2 were pre sold

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congtrats!

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, MSRP.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Congrats! Good to hear you got MSRP too and no markup. What color calipers?

Reactions: 407Guy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you arent picky about the color, Jim Ellis Atlanta has either a red or blue one available, they got 3 in when i was picking up my quad for service and the service guy wasn't sure which of the 3 was available. 2 were pre sold
Thanks for the info. My wife REALLY wants the tri-coat white so that's why that color was ordered. We have been lurking for any dealership to have one in that color -- even to see it in person -- but none in the area. Well another local dealership said one was coming in and then *poof* it was gone. Said it was sold the day it arrived on the lot. We were ready to buy and told them that and they responded with "For a $25k deposit the car can be yours." Um, we just wanted to see it and if we like it we'd then talk the deal. Just a weird situation; so weird I wonder if that dealership will last. In our opinion, horrible customer service. (This dealership is not where we ordered our Q from but another AF dealer in the Orlando area.)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! Good to hear you got MSRP too and no markup. What color calipers?
Went with red to "match" the red stitching in the interior.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Went with red to "match" the red stitching in the interior.
Nice! On white with dark wheels that will pop, but not too much against the dark gray. I want yellow since white isn't available and doesn't really make sense on calipers. It would be very cool color with red script though, as it is prominent in the Alfa Genova or St. George cross.

Yellow calipers, bright 5 hole wheels for the "Ferrari Sedan" look. And yes I do know about the 456 and 612 ;) Red interior trim and stitching :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agree. IMHO I think the dark 5-hole wheels with yellow calipers would look sick with a darker color paint (black or blue or even gray).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So after patiently waiting 3 weeks I reached out to AR via their chat feature yesterday (30-May-2017) to see if our VON had turned into a VIN.

0:)

Yesterday’s conversation with AR resulted in “something is not correct” and we “need to discuss with the dealership.” Uh oh…..

I was told yesterday that I would receive an email with an update after the Customer Care representative spoke with the dealership.

So today (31-May-2017) after not hearing back from AR I contacted them again and was told that “I see your order but I’m sure why it is not being built.” AR again said they were going to contact the dealership to discuss.

WTF?

So we find out today – again through my own inquiry from yesterday – that our order placed on 06-May-2017 was not going to be a 2017 model but a 2018. AR had stopped accepting 2017 Quadrifoglio orders and it seems anything ordered in May was going to be produced as a 2018.

But no one can let us know about pricing and what we could expect as an estimated arrival date. :mad:

Again, WTF?

What is the most frustrating part for me is it took me to find this out. AR never contacted the dealership? Is the dealership just sloppy? Something just doesn’t add up for me.

Either way, we’re not sure what we are going to do right now. They have our deposit for a 2017 spec’d Quadrifoglio that cannot be made…

:(

:mad:

:confused:

·
Registered
735 Posts
So after patiently waiting 3 weeks I reached out to AR via their chat feature yesterday (30-May-2017) to see if our VON had turned into a VIN.

0:)

Yesterday’s conversation with AR resulted in “something is not correct” and we “need to discuss with the dealership.” Uh oh…..

I was told yesterday that I would receive an email with an update after the Customer Care representative spoke with the dealership.

So today (31-May-2017) after not hearing back from AR I contacted them again and was told that “I see your order but I’m sure why it is not being built.” AR again said they were going to contact the dealership to discuss.

WTF?

So we find out today – again through my own inquiry from yesterday – that our order placed on 06-May-2017 was not going to be a 2017 model but a 2018. AR had stopped accepting 2017 Quadrifoglio orders and it seems anything ordered in May was going to be produced as a 2018.

But no one can let us know about pricing and what we could expect as an estimated arrival date. :mad:

Again, WTF?

What is the most frustrating part for me is it took me to find this out. AR never contacted the dealership? Is the dealership just sloppy? Something just doesn’t add up for me.

Either way, we’re not sure what we are going to do right now. They have our deposit for a 2017 spec’d Quadrifoglio that cannot be made…

:(

:mad:

:confused:
At some point during the year they have to make the switch so I don't find that so outrageous. However, what I think is wrong in the specific case is that
1. they let you order a MY17 so late in the cycle
2. they gave a VON and mostly surprising
3. they also gave you VIN before catching the issue

That's not a sign a of a well run production line.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
At this point since you've opened up lines of communication with Alfa Customer Care, I would ask them to find out if any cars meeting your criteria exist, either at dealerships or in transit and not yet sold. They can differentiate between sold cars and vehicles that dealerships ordered for inventory in their system. Since you've obviously had a less than smooth experience so far it would be fair to ask them to do some legwork and find a car for you.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At some point during the year they have to make the switch so I don't find that so outrageous. However, what I think is wrong in the specific case is that
1. they let you order a MY17 so late in the cycle
2. they gave a VON and mostly surprising
3. they also gave you VIN before catching the issue

That's not a sign a of a well run production line.
No VIN, just the VON that has been idle for 3 weeks...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At this point since you've opened up lines of communication with Alfa Customer Care, I would ask them to find out if any cars meeting your criteria exist, either at dealerships or in transit and not yet sold. They can differentiate between sold cars and vehicles that dealerships ordered for inventory in their system. Since you've obviously had a less than smooth experience so far it would be fair to ask them to do some legwork and find a car for you.
Good point. I'll follow up with AR on locating a 2017 that might fit our order.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Or get you MY18 for the same price as a MY17!
That is what is so jacked about all of this: no one supposedly knows pricing or delivery date(s).

Give us that info and we can decide what we want to do.

Obviously if we can get what we ordered but as a 2018 for the price we agreed to and have it delivered by the end of September we'd probably stay put and wait for it. Well, the wife would wait for it. Me, I'd assume walk right now... "contact us when you have a Quadrifoglio on the lot that isn't sold" is my current thought process...

Reactions: inikkor
1 - 20 of 56 Posts