·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sweet!

Reactions: BosRide

·
Registered
576 Posts
I picked up my blue beauty last night. It's been trouble free for 22 hours! :wink2:
I test drove your car. Really great looking color is enhanced further by the 19" Ti sport pkg wheels.

Reactions: BosRide

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
New Alfa dealer?
They're all new aren't they? :smile2: Not sure when it opened, I think around Sept 2016. They're good, connected to Lambo/Bentley/etc of Boston, drove a Ti there and are probably my #2 (only because farther away from Kelly in Danvers). Not sure where in Waltham you are thinking of, only Waltham dealer I know of is Aston. There is also a Herb Chambers Alfa Romeo of Millbury (near Worcester) but haven't gone there yet, though I did talk to a salesman.

Exciting times, seems like a lot of interest for Alfas here in the Northeast

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
They're all new aren't they? :smile2: Not sure when it opened, I think around Sept 2016. They're good, connected to Lambo/Bentley/etc of Boston, drove a Ti there and are probably my #2 (only because farther away from Kelly in Danvers). Not sure where in Waltham you are thinking of, only Waltham dealer I know of is Aston. There is also a Herb Chambers Alfa Romeo of Millbury (near Worcester) but haven't gone there yet, though I did talk to a salesman.

Exciting times, seems like a lot of interest for Alfas here in the Northeast
uhh no not really...at least in my area...there are dealers that still were Alfa brand like Miller Motors, Larchmont....even though the last cars they sold were the 8c:grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has black interior. Blue/black/19" Ti seems to be a common set-up for the first batch. I think I checked out your Vulcano/red at Kelly in Danvers. Since Chambers Alfa was confident they could locate/grab the Montecarlo from Grieco in RI, (Blue exterior was my first choice, red interior second) I didn't return to Danvers for the very sharp looking Vulcano/red one in the showroom. If we see each other around MA, do we wave, or pretend we don't see each other, wanting to be exclusive?! haha...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My experience at Herb Chambers Alpha Romeo in Wayland was not good at all.
I called and set up a test drive before ever showing up. So I took the 40 minute drive excited to drive the new Alpha Romeo. But the horrible salesman seemed bothered and he dissuaded me from doing the test drive.
I spoke to the manager who stated that he would make things right by letting me test drive the car. He also tried to explain that they don't really like to do test drives because people would just come in to drive the other exotic cars they sell there. I understand that but it would have been nice to know before I showed up. I felt extremely uncomfortable there and left without even getting to drive the car.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I picked up my blue beauty last night. It's been trouble free for 22 hours! :wink2:
Congrats :grin2:

They're all new aren't they? :smile2:
Depends on how you count. My dealer was part of the first wave just over two years ago. There was to be three waves of dealer openings. That 'three wave' has come and gone. Dealers have come and gone since then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called and set up a test drive before ever showing up. So I took the 40 minute drive excited to drive the new Alpha Romeo. But the horrible salesman seemed bothered and he dissuaded me from doing the test drive.
I spoke to the manager who stated that he would make things right by letting me test drive the car. He also tried to explain that they don't really like to do test drives because people would just come in to drive the other exotic cars they sell there. I understand that but it would have been nice to know before I showed up. I felt extremely uncomfortable there and left without even getting to drive the car.
Sorry to hear that Joe. I called before a late February drive out from Boston and they had a Guilia available to demo. After driving a base, I fell in love with a twin to the blue one I got this week that was on the floor. The guys were helpful and well informed about AR, and despite having to haggle over a few bucks per month for my payment while surrounded by decked out Rolls Royces, Bentleys and Lambos, the process went smoothly and I was not treated as an 'entry level' (for them) customer, at least on my side of the table. I hope you are able to find one to drive/buy soon!

·
Registered
82 Posts
It has black interior. Blue/black/19" Ti seems to be a common set-up for the first batch. I think I checked out your Vulcano/red at Kelly in Danvers. Since Chambers Alfa was confident they could locate/grab the Montecarlo from Grieco in RI, (Blue exterior was my first choice, red interior second) I didn't return to Danvers for the very sharp looking Vulcano/red one in the showroom. If we see each other around MA, do we wave, or pretend we don't see each other, wanting to be exclusive?! haha...
Yes, that was my car you checked out at Kelly in Danvers! they had another Vulcano Black with a brown interior that they were using for test drives until I bought mine, and then that one moved inside to the showroom. I haven't yet seen another Giulia on the road, so I do hope to pass by you somewhere! Great experience at Kelly.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Wow, doesn't sound like anything I've ever experienced at any Herb dealer anywhere -- I am not even 18 yet, and they basically threw the keys at me ... was way more easy going than I ever expected

1 - 16 of 16 Posts