Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have the 19 inch 5-hole dark aluminum rims from the Ti sport package. I live in a snowy area and can't get winter wheels right now, but the tires on the rim are all-season. I wanted to know how best to protect these tires from the salt and snow in the winter?

Also, are these rims polished aluminum with a clear coat? What type of products would work best for waxing and protecting them? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Used to sell this at TireRack, but I wonder why not anymore:

Worked pretty good here, although we don't get snow.... (Been too lazy to reapply.)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Hello all,

I have the 19 inch 5-hole dark aluminum rims from the Ti sport package. I live in a snowy area and can't get winter wheels right now, but the tires on the rim are all-season. I wanted to know how best to protect these tires from the salt and snow in the winter?

Also, are these rims polished aluminum with a clear coat? What type of products would work best for waxing and protecting them? Thanks for the info.
The wheels are painted or powder coated. I suspect that even the "bright" 5 hole wheels are painted or powder coated, as polishing aluminum is expensive unless the design is very simple. The paint should provide protection against corrosion, at least if the paint is not damaged. I believe you can get them coated with CQuartz "ceramic" wax, although it might be a bit pricey. Rim blades might be usable to protect against damage from things rubbing against the wheel also.

As a general rule, the stronger the aluminum alloy, the more susceptible it is to corrosion.

Of course, snow tires perform a lot better on packed snow and ice than all seasons. Which you want depends on the conditions, expectations and budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts