Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
You know, this is becoming my attitude as well. For the quotes I've gotten to have PPF installed on the front of my QF I know I can get it resprayed for the same or less in 5-6 years when the chips get out of hand.
I can't believe how expensive just to have the hood and front bumper is!

·
Registered
56 Posts
It was a while ago I was looking so I don't remember the specifics, but I saw between $1500 and $2000. I think I found the vinyl alone (if I recall it was xpel) for around $800 for full frontal coverage not installed. I have used an autobody shop that does very good paint work and would probably charge around $1000 for bumper and hood re-spray.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
268 Posts
What was the quote?
$450 for paint correction, then $2175 for PPF on front bumper and hood. I can get the front bumper and hood repainted for $1800, if I remove them and reinstall them it drops to $1200.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had PPF professionally installed on several vehicles beginning in 2009. Each time the shop was one that handled high end vehicles. Locations included LA, Santa Barbara, Scottsdale and, of course DFW. I've typically had the front bumper, headlights, mirror caps and about 40% of the hood and front fenders covered each time. The longest I owned a vehicle after installation is 4 years; the most mileage on an install was 60,000 miles. In no case did I ever observe yellowing or peeling.

On my Giulia, the installer also did the top of the rear bumper, the door cups, and the door edges. This time the PPF was Suntek but I've had vehicles where 3M or XPel was used. I just checked the receipt for the installation on the Giulia - $850.00. Maybe I've just been fortunate but I've never paid the kind of prices some here have been quoted.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
268 Posts
I just checked the receipt for the installation on the Giulia - $850.00. Maybe I've just been fortunate but I've never paid the kind of prices some here have been quoted.
What state? I bet I'm getting Silicon Valley prices...

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Q4 Ti Sport, Alfa Rosso/Tan
44 Posts
$450 for paint correction, then $2175 for PPF on front bumper and hood. I can get the front bumper and hood repainted for $1800, if I remove them and reinstall them it drops to $1200.
FYI I spoke with a body shop recently and they mentioned that on the Giulia bumpers a respray is not really an option. Since they’re plastic and the paint has a special mix to allow it to flex it’s almost impossible to get a good strip job done and repaint. Not sure how accurate it is since I’m no expert but this is a very well known and professional shop in the cincinnati area.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm planning an extended weekend trip and need advice on a temporary way to protect the front area from road debris. I would prefer a car bra as they are easy to put on and take off. I don't want to use racing tape as that might come off and do more damage. I also looked at the "roll on and peal off" stuff but that melts in the rain. Any ideas?
You could always protect the car the way Saudis and Emiratis protect theirs during long drives in the desert - coat the front with a thick layer of dish detergent. When you are done with the trip, you just wash it off.

Not my picture, but I saw this pretty regularly when I lived in Dubai. It works - though maybe not if you expect rain. 😬

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Trip over. No issues other than some kamikaze bugs on the front bumper. Everything cleaned off. Cheers.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts