Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself and say I'm looking into owning a Pre-Owned Giulia Quadrifoglio in 2018/2019 (Lease Return, Owner Turnover). After I saw the review on Top Gear I've been highly interested in these cars.

My only drawback is that I've always owned Domestics and the Maintenance Cost with them has been very minimal. This aspect is the only thing that scares me about owning an Alfa.

I wanted to ask a few questions as I've surveyed the forums and couldn't find a ballpark answer.

What kind of Maintenance Cost can I expect for an Oil Change/Routine Maintenance?

What is your favorite part about your car?

What is your least favorite part about your car?

The car I'll be looking at will have about 30k miles on the clock, other than routine maintenance is their anything else I should be weary of (I know most owners won't have clocked this many miles, but I thought I'd ask)?

Lastly, thank you for the help in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome! I don't own a QV (own a Q4) but I am thinking of getting the QV used as are you in a few years in addition (not in replacement). I will say I think it's early days in that from what I see there's not a lot of info out there right now as the first oil change is free etc, under warranty etc.

What i'm seeing from the track day guys is I would personally go for 'non' CCB as they are a major maintenance cost. The oil changes are varying but once we work out how to reset the oil meter I think i'd end up doing my own as that seems in the region of 300$+ in some circumstances. Other consumables will be tires depending on how hard you take her.

Good questions, good to do the research... and now for some actually owners.. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought my Raptor used and did about six months of research prior to making the purchase.

I knew exactly what I was looking for and what to expect.

I'd like to do the same with my Alfa if I go the used route (most likely would be). This car wouldn't see the track. It'd be my Daily Driver, but thanks for the info.

Tires/Brakes/Oil Change/Maintenance Paperwork from the previous owner would definitely be great to have but not required. Luckily, I do have a Alfa Dealership in Columbus where I live, but I know they may sugarcoat some answers if I ask them the questions.

Thank you for your input and it appears we're going to be in the same boat come 2018/2019.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

I don't own a Quad, I own a Ti. With 10,000+ miles on the clock, I can say my biggest complaint is the infotainment center.

I've had the oil changed twice now, once at 500 miles and then again at 10,000 miles. For the 2.0 engine, an oil change is minimal and priced similar to other cars. I can't advise you on the Quad though. Oil is expected to be change every 10k or 12 months.

So far, we haven't had any issues with our Ti. As to what might happen down the road, well, there just isn't enough data yet to make a judgement call on that. Keep in mind that ALL cars will have problems eventually, no matter what the reputation is.

Buying an Alfa Romeo is more about the emotion than it is the logic. If the test drive doesn't grab you and suck you in, it's not the car for you. It's all about the driving experience. It's a passion, either you have it or you don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts