Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm considering buying a fully loaded Quad near where I live that is priced at a really great deal, just under 60k. However, the only downside is that I checked the manufacturing date on that vehicle and it was made in SEP '16 and it was, in fact, a Company car for FCA.

Downside's that I can really think of is that it won't have Apple carplay or Andriod Auto software capability, and that really isn't a big negative for me, but then again, I've never used Andriod Auto so I wouldn't know how great it is.

And that there is a possible software issue more likely to CEL on me? (unconfirmed rumors)

Does anyone have better insight or knowledge on this subject? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
How many miles?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Hello everyone!

I'm considering buying a fully loaded Quad near where I live that is priced at a really great deal, just under 60k. However, the only downside is that I checked the manufacturing date on that vehicle and it was made in SEP '16 and it was, in fact, a Company car for FCA.

Downside's that I can really think of is that it won't have Apple carplay or Andriod Auto software capability, and that really isn't a big negative for me, but then again, I've never used Andriod Auto so I wouldn't know how great it is.

And that there is a possible software issue more likely to CEL on me? (unconfirmed rumors)

Does anyone have better insight or knowledge on this subject? Thanks in advance.

The only difference is the Apple/Car Play stuff....all the other nonsense about software is BS. as long as the car has been updated the cars are the same and your good to go...just make sure it has been updated..

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
9000 miles......You can probably get a new 18 for a couple thousand over what they are offering you......

Check for the dealer offering new 18 QV for $10K off MSRP thread and you could avoid buying a "possibly" abused car....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Deals to be had

My 2016 Volvo V 60 R Design is now out of warranty....My son's daily....Not a fan of owning highly teched cars beyond warranty....There are deals to be had out there....I'm probably heading to Criswell in Germantown, MD this Saturday to pick up a Stelvio Ti Sport...Check out their web site, the discounts are steep....Also very fair with the trade value of my Volvo....If I pull the trigger, which I likely will, I'll let everyone know how the experience was.....D

Reactions: Gfrfan

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello everyone!

I have an August 2016 QV Build, the only issues you will have that I am aware of :

Apple or Android capability can not be retrofitted to 2017 models.
You will need a lot of software flash updates if they have not kept them current.
The headlight washer brackets may end up needing replacing, the only thing I've had fixed on mine.

9 K is a fair amount of miles, it would be nice to know how hard it was driven for those miles ......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9000 miles......You can probably get a new 18 for a couple thousand over what they are offering you......

Check for the dealer offering new 18 QV for $10K off MSRP thread and you could avoid buying a "possibly" abused car....
the Triad Alfa dealership is charging 66k for their Eprice... that's still 7k more than what the one here is offering. $59,994 is the sticker price AND it's fully loaded. carbon brakes carbon seats, tri-coat red.

and I'll be trading in my truck. Can't trade a truck If it's not there! :grin2:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don’t know what our build date is but it is a 2017 and we are buying new 40 miles and I worry about who drove those 40 miles. We are getting the red comp tri-coat, ceramic brakes, Sparco seats and anything else that was offered in that model year. I did pay 15k off the 90k sticker. Just about 60k is about 13 or 14k under what we are paying after adding the bra but that price also includes shipping it by truck cross country.

If this had any more miles on it I would have gone for the 2018 skipped the Sparco seats (2750) and the brakes and I would have been perfectly happy. I would take that over a QV with 9000 miles. That is a lot of miles on a new platform. Maybe if they give you a full warranty included or transferable to you then I would do it. Otherwise do what is going to make you smile.

Tough decisions. I have had a lot of sleepless nights over the 2017 Quad loaded Red Comp vs fully loaded Giulia Ti Sport AWD 2018 volcano black. Was there really a wrong decision? Probably not. But the QV scares me for some reason.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I don’t know what our build date is but it is a 2017 and we are buying new 40 miles and I worry about who drove those 40 miles. We are getting the red comp tri-coat, ceramic brakes, Sparco seats and anything else that was offered in that model year. I did pay 15k off the 90k sticker. Just about 60k is about 13 or 14k under what we are paying after adding the bra but that price also includes shipping it by truck cross country.

If this had any more miles on it I would have gone for the 2018 skipped the Sparco seats (2750) and the brakes and I would have been perfectly happy. I would take that over a QV with 9000 miles. That is a lot of miles on a new platform. Maybe if they give you a full warranty included or transferable to you then I would do it. Otherwise do what is going to make you smile.

Tough decisions. I have had a lot of sleepless nights over the 2017 Quad loaded Red Comp vs fully loaded Giulia Ti Sport AWD 2018 volcano black. Was there really a wrong decision? Probably not. But the QV scares me for some reason.

40 miles are delivery miles more or less...UNLESS the 17 has been titled already and you are buying it as a used car.
as far as price, you got a really good deal....again when it comes to the QV the ONLY difference between a 17 & 18 is the techno stuff...by that I mean apple car play-android stuff. and NO you cannot get it retro-fitted. we with 17s are lacking the hardware.
as far as comparing a QV to a Ti in ANY configuration is apples and oranges....the QV is an absolute monster of a car...it smacks of pure performance....the Ti AWD will clearly do better in the snow....it is really more about what you are looking for, and frankly what you came out of prior....
as long as your car has been updated you will be fine, the only physical issue was the headlight washer bracket...poor design from the factory, fixed on the 18's...it may come off when activated...LOL crazy I know...some have suffered this (myself included) others have not...
Enjoy the new Alfa
M

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,954 Posts
Don't the 2018 QVs sit a little higher than the 2017 QVs? IIRC, some of the 2017 QVs had a problem with front wheel rubbing on the wheel wells.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
40 miles are delivery miles more or less...UNLESS the 17 has been titled already and you are buying it as a used car.
as far as price, you got a really good deal....again when it comes to the QV the ONLY difference between a 17 & 18 is the techno stuff...by that I mean apple car play-android stuff. and NO you cannot get it retro-fitted. we with 17s are lacking the hardware.
as far as comparing a QV to a Ti in ANY configuration is apples and oranges....the QV is an absolute monster of a car...it smacks of pure performance....the Ti AWD will clearly do better in the snow....it is really more about what you are looking for, and frankly what you came out of prior....
as long as your car has been updated you will be fine, the only physical issue was the headlight washer bracket...poor design from the factory, fixed on the 18's...it may come off when activated...LOL crazy I know...some have suffered this (myself included) others have not...
Enjoy the new Alfa
M
It is sold as "new." Deal done. April was a good month for deals but I would say that Alfa of Strongsville had the best e-pricing and their inventory far exceeded the selection here locally. We are just waiting for the QV to get loaded on the truck and safe travels. Right now we are waiting on the transport to grab the order. The wait is going to drive me nuts but it was the car we wanted and that is the give on buying out of state. I really can't get too excited until I see her.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The wait wont be long. My AR arrived in SC 4 days after Strongsville received the overnight paperwork (and my check). It was definitely the easiest auto transaction ever! Its best to get her on your insurance policy now so you can be driving 10 minutes later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts