Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, 17 Giulia Veloce and have a minor crack in the propshaft coupling. My mechanic has found that Alfa only ship a whole new shaft ($2800 AUD). They are trying to source an aftermarket.

Any feedback on part suppliers (ship to aus) or people with similar issues?

I am not replacing an entire expensive piece of carbon fibre for what is essentially a $100 big rubber puck.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Rim

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey, 17 Giulia Veloce and have a minor crack in the propshaft coupling. My mechanic has found that Alfa only ship a whole new shaft ($2800 AUD). They are trying to source an aftermarket.

I am not replacing an entire expensive piece of carbon fibre for what is essentially a $100 big rubber puck.

View attachment 120889
There's quite a few shops that make custom ones. I'd take that one out and get it reversed engineered. I know that's not a quick solution but it's the best thing thing that can be done if you can wait.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,152 Posts
Rubber bits can be really tricky to make right. The rubber buffers on my pickup truck hinges are on revision E, with no apparent change in shape between the revisions.

Maybe the OEM of the rubber can be identified and provide the part?

·
Vendor
3,724 Posts

View attachment 120889
They are made by Hitatchi but I have yet to see a replacement. I know they will come but nothing yet. I may have a used one.

Automotive tire Auto part Gas Automotive wheel system Electric blue

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
BMW uses similar joints, might any of them fit?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Happened to someone on the german forums aswell (on a Diesel):

Here's what he's used. Not sure if it's the same for all engine variants:

The guys on the forums have claimed it's the same one as on some Mercedes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank this has been great info. If anyone has insight into a Mercedes part match that would be no doubt much easier and cheaper to track down.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The Mercedes part number referenced starts with an "A", A2034110015. If I didn't remember it correctly please verify on your own.

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,663 Posts

View attachment 120889
where is this crack? Picture is too small.

Reactions: hawkeye_a

·
Vendor
3,724 Posts
Enlarge the screen and you can see it.

Honestly I would not worry too much. You could get some windshield sealant and fill in the gaps to hold you over. I have done that one before. ;)

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,663 Posts
Enlarge the screen and you can see it.

Honestly I would not worry too much. You could get some windshield sealant and fill in the gaps to hold you over. I have done that one before. ;)
lol, great, even larger pixels.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The flex coupling is branded Hitatchi and has a number on it (I don't remember it, offhand). I googled it, checked RockAuto, no luck. Crazy! I have spoken to Jason at Alfissimo, Joe at Centerline Alfa, and John at Difatta about sourcing these. They both said that they think (hope) that the aftermarket suppliers for items like these will soon supply them. It is ridiculous that Alfa does not supply them separate from the shaft. UGH!

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,766 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
I replaced plenty of these on Chrysler L platform cars... I guarantee you can match one up with something that's readily available

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Do I have to do all the work??? 😂

I think the crack is not much to worry about. I'd wait until it breaks. haha
View attachment 120924
All I see is something that looks like a disruption in the flashing around the stress relief hole.
I would not recommend "drive on it until it breaks".

1 - 20 of 36 Posts