Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car has only 490 miles and this am, it stuttered for 2-3 mins. I switched off the car and re-started the car. Since then the car has not stuttered anymore but check engine lights are on and I am not able to drive it on either "D" or "A" mode. Took it to the dealer and they are going to fix it I suppose. Hope this is not a big issue.
Other issue is I am also getting sound system unavailable but I am able to listed to songs and talk through my blue-tooth.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Good luck, let us know what it is. Hopefully it's something like a software upgrade.

Courtesy car Giulia time? :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
My car has only 490 miles and this am, it stuttered for 2-3 mins. I switched off the car and re-started the car. Since then the car has not stuttered anymore but check engine lights are on and I am not able to drive it on either "D" or "A" mode. Took it to the dealer and they are going to fix it I suppose. Hope this is not a big issue.
Other issue is I am also getting sound system unavailable but I am able to listed to songs and talk through my blue-tooth.

Quad?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Was it a strictly Alfa dealership or was it tied in with a Fiat dealership? I'm guessing the latter.I dropped off mine at the Alfa dealer that is tied in with Fiat yesterday to fix the sunroof, they gave me a 2016 Honda Civic four door, great at gas mileage and nothing else IMO.Hope your issue is quickly resolved.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ever remote start it? There is an Engine software update as of a few weeks ago.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was it a strictly Alfa dealership or was it tied in with a Fiat dealership? I'm guessing the latter.I dropped off mine at the Alfa dealer that is tied in with Fiat yesterday to fix the sunroof, they gave me a 2016 Honda Civic four door, great at gas mileage and nothing else IMO.Hope your issue is quickly resolved.
Ahh nuts - my dealer at least has a Giulia! :D
I called them and asked if I can get something else. They offered me Buick Lacrosse. I said heck no

·
Registered
646 Posts
Believe or not, the Buick is a step up from that Honda. Buicks are now decent cars (but with the old man rep, except in China where they are like Mercedes).

my Maserati dealer put me up in a Jeep Patriot for 10 days. This will be one of many reasons why I'll buy my next car (likely Giulia) from a different dealer located farther away, but one who understands basic cusrtomer service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Car is still at dealership and they upgraded me to Cadillac ATS yesterday. Missing my blue Giulia so much
Sorry to hear about your car that's quite a bummer for a brand new vehicle. Hope it gets resolved quickly.
My closest dealer is an Alfa/Fiat dealer as well. Their loaner cars are Fiats which is a bummer. Abarths wouldn't be bad as a loaner car. Hopefully over time as inventory comes up they will have Giulia's instead. I Asked Alfa Romeo USA what the plan is for loaner cars and they said its up to the individual dealership. So chose your dealership wisely??? ? I guess??
That's good you have a Cadillac ATS now. Much better then a 500! ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Veloce (TI) Q2 has done the same thing tonight.

1000 klms and the engine light is on and no DNA selection. Stuck in N.

I will make a call to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Regarding the remote start this is not available on the Australian cars and possibly other countries. I noticed the key on a US video and it has extra buttons for the remote start. Aust key has only Lock, Unlock and Boot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same thing happened again. I'm now getting tired of this
I was driving to Illinois from Ohio and suddenly this light appeared and my car stopped working in d or a mode. After a while the car started stuttering and seemed there was no power at all
I'm here by attaching the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Oooo not good. At least it told you it was the electronic throttle control. If you have an OBD2 reader, check it too. Here's a thought... on the engine, look for connectors on the electronic throttle body if you can see it, right before the head or top of the engine. It may be concealed under the engine cover plate. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery first. Then pull the throttle control connector if you can reach it. Squeeze tabs and so forth. Look at it and see if you can see any corrosion or if it might have been loose. If you have dielectric grease, put some on the connector and plug it back in. Make sure it's seated. Reconnect the battery and and start up the car. You may loose radio presets and time by disconnecting the battery. Another thing you can try is to just floor the pedal a few times with the car off. This might clean up the contacts in your sensors at the pedal. It may actually be a bad throttle controller but I would hope the dealer would have caught that at the last service. If this points to a heat failure issue it could be a big deal as these cars are turbos.
Good luck.
[Quadrifolgio]
:grin2:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Look here:

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Oooo not good. At least it told you it was the electronic throttle control. If you have an OBD2 reader, check it too. Here's a thought... on the engine, look for connectors on the electronic throttle body if you can see it, right before the head or top of the engine. It may be concealed under the engine cover plate. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery first. Then pull the throttle control connector if you can reach it. Squeeze tabs and so forth. Look at it and see if you can see any corrosion or if it might have been loose. If you have dielectric grease, put some on the connector and plug it back in. Make sure it's seated. Reconnect the battery and and start up the car. You may loose radio presets and time by disconnecting the battery. Another thing you can try is to just floor the pedal a few times with the car off. This might clean up the contacts in your sensors at the pedal. It may actually be a bad throttle controller but I would hope the dealer would have caught that at the last service. If this points to a heat failure issue it could be a big deal as these cars are turbos.
Good luck.
[Quadrifolgio]
There is more than connectors that can go wrong. Try slapping your hand on every electric box you can find. If there are marginal, bad connections this may temporarily improve things. With my 1983 Audi, the hand made Bosch fuel pump relay was so consistently bad that the tow truck operator that came to help with my brand new car that wouldn't start knew to slap the main fuse box to get the car to start. Replacing the relay did not work because all of the relays were defective (this was done twice under warranty). I ended up taking the relay apart and re-soldering the unbelievably bad solder joints inside the unit (the relay had a built in timer, making it much more complex than just a set of magnetically operated electrical contacts).

Modern machine soldered electronics are unlikely to have this kind of problem, but anything that is soldered by hand should be considered suspect. Hopefully the electronics are mature enough to not have rework.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,287 Posts
Good luck.
[Quadrifolgio]
there is NO way i am going to do that by myself

i got lost just after "look for connectors ..."

theres a million of them under here

1 - 20 of 35 Posts