Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All.

I am probably going to buy a new Giulia QV in the up coming weeks. I live in Spain and got an offer for a 2017 Giulia QV (2017 production).

As I see in the forum a few "early buyers" are having some issue with their cars. My fear is that at this point all QV are bond to have some problems.

Does anyone have a QV delivered in the last 1-2 months (late 2016 production) and can give some feedback?

I am really into this car and can't wait any more, so I want to buy one from stock (not place a new order which will arrive only in summer time).

Another issue is with the spec they offered me. The car they have has all I want, apart from the Sports Carbon + alcantara steering wheel.
I was thinking to get it as a later modification after I got the car (don't know the cost for that now, anyone has an idea?). Can anyone give a feedback about the usage and feel of this wheel?
Also if you can compare it to the normal leather wheel that comes with the QV.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My QV has 1053 miles on it, got in 02/02/17 and it is in the shop. Been there for two days.

Started out with a "general failure" warning light and is now become , as the Service Manager calls it, a "catastrophic failure" with the electrical system. They are working on removing the main wiring harness out of it.

Other than that - it has been great. When it comes to the steering wheel, it is worth it. Feels better.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Keep in mind that what you read on the Internet represents only the verrry small percentage people that have problems.

Zero issues here and 6+ weeks of ownership.

·
Vendor
603 Posts
Zero issues here as well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Ti is at the shop at 1,900 miles due to a stalling issue (stalls after refueling). Dealer is still trying to figure it out, hoping to get it back next week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Picked up mine on December 31st 2016, 1121 miles on mine. Not really any issues other then once after remote starting the car, i got inside, pressed the red button and the car died giving it some kind of an error. I've cleared the code and everything has been good since

·
Supporting Vendor
514 Posts
We have not had any serious issues either, but one "funny" one.

While I was washing the car I opened the passenger door to get something and the alarm went off. The car was not locked at the time.

The fob was in my pocket and I could lock and unlock the car, as well as start and drive it, but the alarm (horn and lights) would not stop for about 5 minutes.

No recurrence since.

·
Registered
574 Posts
We have not had any serious issues either, but one "funny" one.

While I was washing the car I opened the passenger door to get something and the alarm went off. The car was not locked at the time.

The fob was in my pocket and I could lock and unlock the car, as well as start and drive it, but the alarm (horn and lights) would not stop for about 5 minutes.

No recurrence since.
When rinsing my M3 with the key in the car, when squirting water at the doors, the car would lock and unlock. I suspect it is the conductivity of the water hitting the lock/unlock spot as I hold the hose nozzle. Extension of my arm. Have not washed the Giulia yet myself being only a week old.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1700km and no issues so far.
Gave her the full beans on saturday and was going 295km/h and she was still pulling (but I ran out of Autobahn and into traffic)
Really impressive how stable the chassis is at this high speed

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Picked up my car 1-10-17, just turned 820 miles going to dealer today...
I, like Kanundrum, had the headlight washer cap come off the car, getting that replaced today and having the car checked for the CEL that came on just before I left for Italy.
other than those 2 items lots of smiles for the miles so far..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine had a "general failure" and "audio system unavailable" warning lights come on at 1053 miles. The dealer had to reflash the computer and got the general failure light to go away.

New amplifier is now in and that should take care of the audio issues.

Dealer in Kansas City has been pretty good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi.
You should check out my problem with brakes, suspension on the brakes and suspension section.

I got some chattering noise coming from the front, and my brakes a squeaking from day 1.

until now problem not solved.

Apart from that, engine and other stuff all works well. Good car, just wish they had more data on it, and better solutions for fixing first buyer problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts