Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It'd be nice to be able to at least reply to private messages before hitting the 15 post requirement.

I haven't posted much; I mostly read.

I got into a conversation with someone that's best taken off the thread—it's just not relevant. But I couldn't PM him. Now he just PMed me and I discover I'm not allowed to reply.

I know, I can keep posting until I hit 15. Just a bit frustrating.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
It'd be nice to be able to at least reply to private messages before hitting the 15 post requirement.

I haven't posted much; I mostly read.

I got into a conversation with someone that's best taken off the thread—it's just not relevant. But I couldn't PM him. Now he just PMed me and I discover I'm not allowed to reply.

I know, I can keep posting until I hit 15. Just a bit frustrating.
Agreed. I'll mention it to the Admin.

·
Administrator
506 Posts
Hey guys,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This policy is put into place for spam prevention as that's one of the ways spammers can do what they do best (via PMs). It also encourages members to become more active on the site to which you will then get more added benefits such as replying to PMs.

However, we can consider lowering the post requirements - I'll see what the mods think about this. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Admin says they're lowering the post count to ten (10) in regards to being able to send a PM. It might take a few more days for the server to catch up the adjustment.

They are concerned about spam and trolls, which I understand fully. There really isn't any good way around spam and troll control, but this is probably one of the better choices. I've been on other boards (not as a mod) that have tried other methods, and this is the more effective, least intrusive way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts