Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's well known what the Giulia QV's 3.0L V6 Twin Turbo is capable of, but what else does Alfa Romeo have up its sleeve?

Autoevolution provides details of the Giulias petrol and diesel offerings courtesy of an internal source.

It's written that the Giulia will offer a range of 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engines, in a mix of diesel and petrol flavours, all sporting some form of forced induction.

First on offer is a 2.0L Turbo that should be offered in 3 states of tune, 178 bhp base model, a 247 bhp variant and a totally strung out 326 bhp tune.

As for diesel,a 2.2L 4 cylinder turbo diesel is expected to be made available in 3 states: 133 bhp, 178 bhp and 207 bhp. These will be joined by a 3.0L V6 turbo diesel offering 335 bhp.

Its expected that official engine details will be made available in December, with deliveries of the 2.2L Diesel Giulia and the 3.0TT QV starting in February 2016 for European shoppers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
They should since it will help to achieve both good gas mileage and performance, something that's growing to become more important or just higher on ones list.
I'm talking about which 2.0T they could use. I've heard they MAY have a version of the 1.75T stretched out to 2.0T, but then theres also those Hurricane rumors been floating around for a good year or 2...

·
Registered
3 Posts
That two liter turbo with AWD would seem to be the sweet spot for most alfa buyers in the usa especially if it's near the BMW 328 I'd in price.

BMW notoriously publishes low hp writings for its turbo engines...but if alfas 278 hp and 326 hp versions are around 10 percent less than the best in class BMW..".alfa can retake the crown quickly from BMW.

I think pricing 10 percent less would help launch the vehicle....with the media posting cover after cover.....

Then do what BMW does and price the options with nice fat profit margins....

The new jaguar XE is a natural competitor as well

I believe it's 340 hp XE starts at 36 grand ..

Alfa needs to play and price out in this segment close ....(at least in America) land of leasing especially in this segment....

Certified pre owned through alfa should be planned early on to prop up residuals and get lease payments identical to the competitive BMW 3 series....

Cadillacs 274 hp AWD ATS launched with a competitive lease rate and it's first year sales were very strong. Cadillac went off the subverted lease deals last year or so and all the media can say is ATS sales are tanking....killing brand image...

BMW runs a leatherette AWD turbo 4 cylinder 3 series lease based off its ability to sell off lease preowned certified cars and they own the segment.

In my opinion to enter this segment without a plan similar to BMW programs is a reciept for failure....

I don't believe jaguar will have a similar BMW lease plan in place and I bet sales will fall off quickly ...

I want alfa to succeed with this beauty....

http://legendleasing.com/product/2015-BMW-320i-xDrive-Sedan

·
Registered
277 Posts
That two liter turbo with AWD would seem to be the sweet spot for most alfa buyers in the usa especially if it's near the BMW 328 I'd in price.

BMW notoriously publishes low hp writings for its turbo engines...but if alfas 278 hp and 326 hp versions are around 10 percent less than the best in class BMW..".alfa can retake the crown quickly from BMW.

I think pricing 10 percent less would help launch the vehicle....with the media posting cover after cover.....

Then do what BMW does and price the options with nice fat profit margins....

The new jaguar XE is a natural competitor as well

I believe it's 340 hp XE starts at 36 grand ..

Alfa needs to play and price out in this segment close ....(at least in America) land of leasing especially in this segment....

Certified pre owned through alfa should be planned early on to prop up residuals and get lease payments identical to the competitive BMW 3 series....

Cadillacs 274 hp AWD ATS launched with a competitive lease rate and it's first year sales were very strong. Cadillac went off the subverted lease deals last year or so and all the media can say is ATS sales are tanking....killing brand image...

BMW runs a leatherette AWD turbo 4 cylinder 3 series lease based off its ability to sell off lease preowned certified cars and they own the segment.

In my opinion to enter this segment without a plan similar to BMW programs is a reciept for failure....

I don't believe jaguar will have a similar BMW lease plan in place and I bet sales will fall off quickly ...

I want alfa to succeed with this beauty....

http://legendleasing.com/product/2015-BMW-320i-xDrive-Sedan
I think Alfa needs to adopt the Jaguar strategy of offering more for slightly less. Cadilalc tried to bring themselves up to BMW level by selling on par with BMW... Alfa/Caddy/Jag don't have the cache to comepte for head to head sales IMO... they need to offer a bit more value...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts