Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a break from being sheltered in place and grabbed a breather to snap some pics. This is my favorite of today. Sitting on some Weds RN05M wheels. I love how beefy these wheels look. I'm running 255/40/18 on all four corners. Hope you like it. The wheels weren't cheap but you get what you pay for. Made in Japan, flow formed, and hubcentric for the Giulia specifically.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally got a break from being sheltered in place and grabbed a breather to snap some pics. This is my favorite of today. Sitting on some Weds RN05M wheels. I love how beefy these wheels look. I'm running 255/40/18 on all four corners. Hope you like it. The wheels weren't cheap but you get what you pay for. Made in Japan, flow formed, and hubcentric for the Giulia specifically. View attachment 100008
Hi, my i know which site u got ur wheels? I can’t seem to find 5*110 with any Japanese rims manufacturers

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gorgeous wheels, gorgeous photography, and gorgeous car.

Sidenote; my bimmer is sitting on the cheaper clones of your wheels. It's a timeless look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it a Q2 or Q4? Could you post some pics from the rear?
Mine is RWD but this fitment will work the same on a Q4. In fact it would be even more amazing on an AWD due to it being symmetrical. I love that I can rotate to all four corners.

This is the closest I have. My business partner actually just took it back to Nevada this morning so I can't even snap one for you at this time. The fitment is spot on though. We're lowered on KW V3's btw but initially just had Eibach springs. It looked great but the springs had a weird rake to it and I didn't like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This company is the one who worked with Weds to have this wheel produced. It's an exclusive batch made hubcentric for the Giulia with the 5x110 boltpattern.

Yes... Weds website (Japan and N.America) does not have listing for 5*110... and i wrote to Rays and Prodrive too... they aren’t producing any of such PCD too 😠
Glad u found the right place to get this exclusive set... and I’m pretty sure... it doesn’t come cheap.

Awesome setup...!!! And I really love ur setup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In order for these companies to make a special fitment it requires a large minimum order. I know MotoHaus had to do over 10 sets to get them done. They are doing some promos so not bad at $2000 shipped for the set. Made in Japan so the quality is really great. Hit them up via the website and see if they can help you out.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is RWD but this fitment will work the same on a Q4. In fact it would be even more amazing on an AWD due to it being symmetrical. I love that I can rotate to all four corners.

This is the closest I have. My business partner actually just took it back to Nevada this morning so I can't even snap one for you at this time. The fitment is spot on though. We're lowered on KW V3's btw but initially just had Eibach springs. It looked great but the springs had a weird rake to it and I didn't like that.
I really like this meaty look - I've always thought the stock 19x8 on the Ti, with 225x40R19 looked a little small. Thanks for these pictures, that's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like this meaty look - I've always thought the stock 19x8 on the Ti, with 225x40R19 looked a little small. Thanks for these pictures, that's what I was looking for.
I agree. This size of sidewall is just so fitting for the car at this ride height and specifically with these wheels. It works really well together.

·
Registered
336 Posts
@shamrock Those are excellent quality pictures. What's your rig setup? What are you using for post? Sorry for being nosy, I'm trying to get myself some learnin' on all this newfangled photography technology.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@shamrock Those are excellent quality pictures. What's your rig setup? What are you using for post? Sorry for being nosy, I'm trying to get myself some learnin' on all this newfangled photography technology.
See below for the latest evolution of my photo sets.

Not a problem. I'm happy to help. I also am just a hobbyist but surrounded by a bunch of peers that are professionals. I guess it's just a product of osmosis albeit I did spend a couple years studying religiously. I'm very mathematical and technically oriented so I have to dig into the mechanics and definitions of the settings before I can get into the creative aspect. I have other friends who are not technical at all but can pickup a camera and just make stunning images.

I am currently using an EOS R and these were shot with a 70-200 2.8L IS II lens. Some of these images are older and I'm not using a CPL but as of lately I bought the Canon RF to EF adapter with a drop in CPL filter so this it resides behind the lens. This is great because I can swap lenses and they are all polarized. No more needing to buy different size CPL's. The EOS R on a good promo day is around $1300 to $1500. A used 70-200 that I use is around $1200 - $1400. The adapter is around $300. Grand total and really is all you need is a little over $3000 on a good day. Here's some recent images but with my 19" wheel setup. I use Lightroom for editing btw. Spend some time looking at youtube and understand the workflow of the program. It's a great editing tool but even better at cataloging your images.

ALWAYS SHOOT AT GOLDEN HOUR. So dusk or dawn. Any other time of day will render flat colors and harsh shadows.

·
Registered
336 Posts
See below for the latest evolution of my photo sets.

Not a problem. I'm happy to help. I also am just a hobbyist but surrounded by a bunch of peers that are professionals. I guess it's just a product of osmosis albeit I did spend a couple years studying religiously. I'm very mathematical and technically oriented so I have to dig into the mechanics and definitions of the settings before I can get into the creative aspect. I have other friends who are not technical at all but can pickup a camera and just make stunning images.

I am currently using an EOS R and these were shot with a 70-200 2.8L IS II lens. Some of these images are older and I'm not using a CPL but as of lately I bought the Canon RF to EF adapter with a drop in CPL filter so this it resides behind the lens. This is great because I can swap lenses and they are all polarized. No more needing to buy different size CPL's. The EOS R on a good promo day is around $1300 to $1500. A used 70-200 that I use is around $1200 - $1400. The adapter is around $300. Grand total and really is all you need is a little over $3000 on a good day. Here's some recent images but with my 19" wheel setup. I use Lightroom for editing btw. Spend some time looking at youtube and understand the workflow of the program. It's a great editing tool but even better at cataloging your images.

ALWAYS SHOOT AT GOLDEN HOUR. So dusk or dawn. Any other time of day will render flat colors and harsh shadows.
View attachment 100411
View attachment 100412
View attachment 100413
View attachment 100414
Cool! We use Lightroom as well, It's a cool program. My co-driver is the magician with the editing. I still usually make photos worse if I try, but i'm learning.

Thanks for the tip about shooting at dawn and dusk. I'll remember that. I wish I had more time to go scout beautiful locations like what is in your shots. Something about the train tracks adds a lot to the setting.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool! We use Lightroom as well, It's a cool program. My co-driver is the magician with the editing. I still usually make photos worse if I try, but i'm learning.

Thanks for the tip about shooting at dawn and dusk. I'll remember that. I wish I had more time to go scout beautiful locations like what is in your shots. Something about the train tracks adds a lot to the setting.

Thanks for the tips!
So a lot of that will just come down to composition. I come across a ton of images on social feeds and when one pops out at me I dissect it in order to figure out what makes it so fascinating. Then with that knowledge I can apply it to my own shots. The railroad tracks add perspective so that's also a cool trick. Just add some "leading lines" to your subject. This will help to draw the eye to where you want it directed. Very similar to vignetting. When I look at these images it makes me notice the various textures that both contrast and compliment each other. You have roughly texture gravel along with this smooth and creamy "blur"/bokeh. Then you have the warmth of the sunset but not direct light on the cars. These shots are pretty dark on the camera but by lifting the shadows and such we can get everything to have a nice balanced exposure. Best of luck and happy to help whenever. Just DM me. I'm glad to share whatever methods I use for myself.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So a lot of that will just come down to composition. I come across a ton of images on social feeds and when one pops out at me I dissect it in order to figure out what makes it so fascinating. Then with that knowledge I can apply it to my own shots. The railroad tracks add perspective so that's also a cool trick. Just add some "leading lines" to your subject. This will help to draw the eye to where you want it directed. Very similar to vignetting. When I look at these images it makes me notice the various textures that both contrast and compliment each other. You have roughly texture gravel along with this smooth and creamy "blur"/bokeh. Then you have the warmth of the sunset but not direct light on the cars. These shots are pretty dark on the camera but by lifting the shadows and such we can get everything to have a nice balanced exposure. Best of luck and happy to help whenever. Just DM me. I'm glad to share whatever methods I use for myself.
You've given me a lot to think about. Thanks again, I'll definitely be in contact.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts