Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this article and thought I would share. Pretty cool!
• Formula 1 There’s nothing like finding an original Alfa Romeo V12 Formula 1 engine up for sale for the borderline affordable price (for some) of ~$20,000 USD to …

http://flip.it/8E0HAd

·
Registered
630 Posts
It would make for a very cool garage display. My biggest question is do you clean it up so it looks brand new or do you leave the patina? I've always wanted a V12 something. So I'd have a hard time not putting it in a chassis and trying to get it running again. F1 engines have always been temperamental beasts, but this is probably one of the last F1 engines that could be started without a team of 20 race engineers spending hours getting it ready before you push the button.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
That would be a great centerpiece. I'd leave all the patina just as. To bad I don't have $20k+++ laying around. Did you notice that it includes the trans-axle? Making it operational again would be only a dream away.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Will it fit in a GTV6?

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Maybe it would fit in the right place of a 4C?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could have been one of the last engines Mario Andretti raced with for Alfa in '81 - :D. I remember seeing the actual car, less motor, go on the block a few years back. Maybe they will re-unite...by they way - who's got this stuff just laying around?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts