Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this article in the latest Panorama (Porsche) magazine and does a pretty good job explaining what to expect on your first track event.....

Attachments

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool article Tony, I had forgotten about it! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
My buddy put this together years ago. Lots of good info inside, though.

http://www.mytrackschedule.com/HPDE_Novice_Guide.html
you forgot the meatball flag:grin2:

LOTS of info in that article...really good info...not sure I'd call it for a novice only because it is alot to digest...
that's what the driver's meetings for novices go over, as well as the individual instructor with their student, at least that was the way CCA was doing it back in the day...I'm sure it hasn't changed....at the NY Chapter & Patroon novice drivers were always paired to the most experienced instructors (translated patient LOL)..
congratulations on your award, stiff competition in Pirelli TC class, Classic fielded 4 cars?? WOW.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gawd, you know you are old when the book you learned from isn't listed as a resource or reference in articles like that. I believe Johnson was the first to "publish" type 1, 2, 3 turns etc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-DRIVI...ip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#viTabs_0
I have to disagree with you my friend.......

Piero Taruffi described those turns and the science (math) behind them in his book
The Technique of Motor Racing first published in 1959

Great read, simple and straightforward......

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
thank you, I feel young now.

I guess that wasn't advertised in the back of R&T when I ordered mine.
Nothing of the type at local bookstores. If I'd been smarter back then I would have checked the internet haha

and now I'm feeling old, because I'm sure it must have been referenced in some R&T article I read in the prior century, and his name is familiar but ....

OK, maybe it was an out of print you'll be lucky if you stumble onto one item when I was seeking ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts