Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone got the Prepaid Dealer Maintenance Plane from the dealer?

If so, how much was it?

I know that they offer different options up to 4 years.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've contacted 2 dealerships and could not find it. Mopar care also doesn't offer it. I do want it as maintenance for the QV is expensive from what I have read..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just curious if anyone got the Prepaid Dealer Maintenance Plane from the dealer?...
Usually not worth it.
Well now, that depends, doesn't it?

It is my understanding that a simple oil change for a Quadrifoglio currently costs $250. Over four years, if you do an oil change once per year as recommended, that comes to $1000, assuming the cost doesn't go up.

Meanwhile, the prepaid service plans cover more than just oil changes. There are also cabin air filter replacements, oil filters, etc.

And the 30k or 3 year service is the big one that will be $600-$700 as it is a major fluid/filter change (brake fluid, spark plugs, fuel filter, belts, cabin filters, etc.).

Add it all up and the recommended maintenance will run at least a couple thousand bucks in the first four years.

But I got a prepaid maintenance plan through my dealer that covers all of it for $995. So it was WELL worth it.

·
Registered
73 Posts

It is my understanding that a simple oil change for a Quadrifoglio currently costs $250. Over four years, if you do an oil change once per year as recommended, that comes to $1000, assuming the cost doesn't go up.

Meanwhile, the prepaid service plans cover more than just oil changes. There are also cabin air filter replacements, oil filters, etc.

And the 30k or 3 year service is the big one that will be $600-$700 as it is a major fluid/filter change (brake fluid, spark plugs, fuel filter, belts, cabin filters, etc.).

Add it all up and the recommended maintenance will run at least a couple thousand bucks in the first four years.

But I got a prepaid maintenance plan through my dealer that covers all of it for $995. So it was WELL worth it.
Key word Usually, Ty.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
I've contacted 2 dealerships and could not find it. Mopar care also doesn't offer it. I do want it as maintenance for the QV is expensive from what I have read..
From the Mopar site https://www.mopar.com/fiat/en-us/care/mopar-vehicle-protection/faqs.html

Q- Which vehicle makes and models are eligible for Mopar® Vehicle Protection?
A- All Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® , Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo vehicles, and most - but not all - competitive make vehicles are eligible for genuine Mopar® Vehicle Protection. You may purchase a plan for your vehicle by visiting your local, authorized dealer or calling 1-888-240-2709. If you are interested in Mopar Vehicle Protection® for another make, please visit your authorized dealer to inquire about eligibility.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts

Hmmm, that sounds too good to me true. Does it include wiper blades too (another $50+ per year)? Presumably it does not cover tires. I expect that just the price of maintenance parts for 4 years exceeds $995.

Other maintenance plans that I have seen are considerably more expensive for similar coverage.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Now, I see ... Mopar offers a Protection plan ... not a Maintenance plan.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They offer both. They are two separate things. A protection plan is more of an extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
They offer both. They are two separate things. A protection plan is more of an extended warranty.
Got a link to their maintenance one ? I ordered a protection plan and asked about maintenance and they said they don't offer it over the phone. Sure it's not your dealership?

·
Registered
261 Posts
... Add it all up and the recommended maintenance will run at least a couple thousand bucks in the first four years.

Hmmm, that sounds too good to me true. Does it include wiper blades too (another $50+ per year)? Presumably it does not cover tires.
It definitely doesn't cover tires!!!

Here's a scan of the official brochure for the maintenance plan that the dealer sent for my consideration when I was evaluating whether or not to buy the car:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r29p5ndawm4ewd7/alfamaintplan.pdf?dl=0

The availabity of that plan, at the price I got, was a big factor in pushing me off the fence to pull the trigger and buy the car. That and the test drive!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a link to their maintenance one ? I ordered a protection plan and asked about maintenance and they said they don't offer it over the phone. Sure it's not your dealership?
My original post will show the cover of the brochure for the maintenance plan.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a copy of the brochure again.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
One question is the milage factor versus the years. The brake fluid is on a two-year basis, regardless of milage, but the rest are tied to 10k intervals (at least in the scan of the brochure we have thanks to @lgbalfa). So if I drive 6k or 7k miles a year, I might not make it to even the 3rd year service, if the dealer insists on hitting the milage quota. Wonder if the back of the brochure spells out any of these particulars?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts