Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2018 Guilia, is there a way for me to replace the passenger seat adjustment drive cable myself? Something got stuck under the seat, and when someone tried to adjust the seat back, it snapped the cable on the outside rail, and the seat just twists now, instead of moving forward or back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lift the seat to the higest position. Look at the plastic rail that holds the slider motor to the seat. You can push up on the motor and that will release it from the rail, this will also pop out the two drive cables to the rail. Then, if you look to the front and rear of that plastic motor bracket you will see a torx bolt to the front and the rear of the rail(two on each side). If you pull out the torx bolts, the slider will detach from the motor screw drive and the seat can manually be slid forwards and backwards. This may also require use of a hammer to break it free.

NOTE: This will destroy the seat rail as it's almost impossible to re-seat the cables. Only do this if you care going to replace the seat frame!!!!
I saw this post looking for a solution for my issue, which is a broken drive cable on one side of the seat rail. From reading this, it appears that the cable is not replaceable, and the entire seat frame will need to be replaced??

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I saw this post looking for a solution for my issue, which is a broken drive cable on one side of the seat rail. From reading this, it appears that the cable is not replaceable, and the entire seat frame will need to be replaced??
get a close look under the seat before you buy anything...more often than not, the cable just pops out... they are square drive cables, so when the seat binds up, they twist and pop out of the assembly.... its no joy getting them back in and timed properly, but its much easier and cheaper than buying a new power seat frame.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get a close look under the seat before you buy anything...more often than not, the cable just pops out... they are square drive cables, so when the seat binds up, they twist and pop out of the assembly.... its no joy getting them back in and timed properly, but its much easier and cheaper than buying a new power seat frame.
Yep, this was it...the assembly had been forced up out of the track, and the cable twisted out of the socket. Took a few hours, but we were able to get it back in place and lined up. Thank you for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts