Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been holding off pulling the trigger on a Giulia since my present car is still workable. The plan was to wait at least one more year, possibly two.

If the US and EU don't agree on an exemption, the EU will retaliate with it's own tariffs on US products. That will trigger the US president to act according to this tweet:

"The European Union, wonderful countries who treat the U.S. very badly on trade, are complaining about the tariffs on Steel & Aluminum. If they drop their horrific barriers & tariffs on U.S. products going in, we will likewise drop ours. Big Deficit. If not, we Tax Cars etc. FAIR!"

So.....should I take a trip to the dealer and see what's on the lot, pre-tariff?

Or....wait till this completely kills FIAT's desire to reenter the US market and pulls out again, leaving either a fantastic deal on a difficult to service vehicle or settling on a Ford Somethingorother.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Unless there is a time traveller nobody can advise you what the future may bring.

I really hope that this helpful and friendly community site can stay non-political.
I agree. Trying to plan ur decisions around politicians’ (left, right or center) words can be a fool’s errand. Prior to buying my Giulia, I was driving a “workable” car, a 2011 Altima. It was transportation, nothing more. I’ve now owned my Giulia a couple of months and have driven 2,000 miles, each one a pleasure. I’m looking forward to the drive home from work, tonight. The only regret that I have is that I didn’t buy sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
As a time traveler I do know what is going to happen however there are very strict rules around letting 'currents' know what happens in the future. If caught I get fines and community service. :wink2:
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top