Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I nearly bought in 2017 and got spooked by recalls when i live 4 hours away from the closes dealer. Got an S3 and loved it, and some idiot totalled me sitting at a redlight a few weeks ago. So now I feel like I want to try something new and this has been on my mind for a while.

Any insights on this car you guys see both good and bad would be appreciated! Going to ship it from NY to OK which will be a pain but hopefully worth it.

To add, the other Giulia I am considering- Used 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia | EchoPark

Thanks!

· Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
988 Posts
2019s u linked are marked as sold already.
2020 u listed is beautiful spec and u can't get it new anymore even if u wanted to order one.
to list some
  • MC Blue - gone
  • Tan/black 2-tone interior - gone
  • active suspension - only available on estrema
  • yellow calipers - gone
also, this seems like another odd/early 2020 build as 2020+ cars can't get dark wheels without nero/carbon pkg.
would've been awesome if this had bright 5-hole which is no longer available either.

if u want to go all out and get carbon pkg car, here is one i found.
rosso competizione can't get anymore, no more carbon pkg either, estrema pkg offers same minus carbon sideskirt.
this sat at dealer for a while so i'm sure they'll let it go if there is buyer i think

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2019s u linked are marked as sold already.
2020 u listed is beautiful spec and u can't get it new anymore even if u wanted to order one.
to list some
  • MC Blue - gone
  • Tan/black 2-tone interior - gone
  • active suspension - only available on estrema
  • yellow calipers - gone
also, this seems like another odd/early 2020 build as 2020+ cars can't get dark wheels without nero/carbon pkg.
would've been awesome if this had bright 5-hole which is no longer available either.

if u want to go all out and get carbon pkg car, here is one i found.
rosso competizione can't get anymore, no more carbon pkg either, estrema pkg offers same minus carbon sideskirt.
this sat at dealer for a while so i'm sure they'll let it go if there is buyer i think
Thanks for the feedback, they have marked it sold for me as a hold while i make a decision. I will check out the Carbon, thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
I would definitely go with a 2020 (or newer) to get the improved interior and fewer gremlins. I shipped a Giulia from CA to NC for just over $1K and it was worth it to get a car I liked and know it wasn't in a salt environment previously. As for the spec, just pick the few items you like and bend where you can. There are plenty of 2020 AWDs closer to $30K. Priorities for me were RWD with the Performance Package and a decent exterior color. Ended up with a Carbon in Rosso Competizione, which I absolutely love and smile every time I walk to or from the car. I'm guessing you're in the Northeast and don't care about salt as much as I did (used to live in CT) and want AWD -- the right car is definitely out there for you.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im actually in Oklahoma, but I lived previously in Wisconsin and Philly for 6-7 years total so I am partial to my AWD's (Subaru to Audi to now this) I think you are right that the pricing can be a bit better, but when I look at all the options they added to this, it has just about everything and the kitchen sink in a color combo that i think is gorgeous

I would definitely go with a 2020 (or newer) to get the improved interior and fewer gremlins. I shipped a Giulia from CA to NC for just over $1K and it was worth it to get a car I liked and know it wasn't in a salt environment previously. As for the spec, just pick the few items you like and bend where you can. There are plenty of 2020 AWDs closer to $30K. Priorities for me were RWD with the Performance Package and a decent exterior color. Ended up with a Carbon in Rosso Competizione, which I absolutely love and smile every time I walk to or from the car. I'm guessing you're in the Northeast and don't care about salt as much as I did (used to live in CT) and want AWD -- the right car is definitely out there for you.

· Registered
111 Posts
Montecarlo blue with tan leather FTW, in my opinion. Grab it while you can. For my personal tastes it's vastly preferable to the Carbon, and a combo you can't get anymore. But of course I would say that - I have a Misano blue Veloce with tan interior and I'm obsessed with it. What matters more is the colour/trim options that appeal to you.

· Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2018 to sport with spy pkg n active suspension about a year ago and was In the same perspective as you. (Reading about the recalls and sort)

I came from a 18 Mazda 6 which is HIGH in reliability. So I was Alittle skeptic when inquiring about the Giulia because eveyone was saying it was a bad idea. The only probably I have had was the evap canister which was changed at no cost under warranty!
I definitely recommend try it out, or even finding one close enough just to test drive n get the feel of the car.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

· Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Q2 (Alfa White)
162 Posts
I bought my 17 TI Sport from a dealer in FL and had it shipped to Cali. I regret nothing. All the recalls were done and it's been pretty amazing to own. I got white with red interior with the upgraded leather package...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts