Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running down the last 11 months of my lease and intend to lease or buy a Giulia TI AWD when the time arrives. I have driven the car and I am hooked.

The Giulia will be my 8th Alfa since I took possession of a 79 spider in 1983. Thereafter were 2 more spiders, a GTV6, and 3 (count them) 164s. My last 164 was a 95 one owner with 52K miles that I trucked in from Idaho to NJ. After 2 years as a daily driver and several expensive and disconcerting repairs, I gave it up. I learned (again) that you can't drive a 20+ year old car like that and not expect age related problems.

So, I did my penance with a 3 year lease with a VW GLI and, while a perfectly nice car, just doesn't do it for me. I think that the Giulia is the only new car I would consider although not having a manual transmission will be an adjustment after 40 years of driving them.

Hope to get more great information from this forum.

·
Registered
321 Posts
welcome to forum. where in nj are you? and about the manual transmission; i think you will have fun with the paddle shifter just imagine you are driving a formula 1 car. do you have any colors picked yet?

·
Registered
276 Posts
get the car and don't look back but be warned it takes some getting used to all the finger pointing and people taking pics with their phones because they have no idea what it is you are driving. If you want a FUN car to drive that isn't your every day run of the mill BMW or Audi. GET THIS CAR !

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Interestingly, I had more people asking about the Vesuvio grey I had than the Misano blue. I hope they don't think it is just another WRX....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts