Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once we got past some initial disagreements involving whether my Giulia (1/17 build) was eligible for the infotainment software update (TSB 17-052), the dealership (Essence Maserati Alfa Romeo in Hurst, Texas) agreed to do the update. I took it in yesterday for the update, and it was a refreshingly good experience. My service advisor addressed all of the concerns I had and set me up in a Stelvio loaner for the day. They did the update and actually delivered the car to me in the evening, which is good because the dealership is an hour-and-a-half round trip from my house. All-in-all, I was impressed by the service department.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I stopped by in both Essence as well as Fiat of McKinney when shopping for my Giulia and I had great experiences in both. DFW is pretty lucky having great Alfa dealerships.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stopped by in both Essence as well as Fiat of McKinney when shopping for my Giulia and I had great experiences in both. DFW is pretty lucky having great Alfa dealerships.
Of course, I wish we actually had one in Dallas proper! But I liked the sales folks at Fiat of McKinney as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of course, I wish we actually had one in Dallas proper! But I liked the sales folks at Fiat of McKinney as well.
Actually Fiat of McKinney is currently building/expanding a second location on Maple and Mockingbird right by Love Field. They said to expect it to be done by March-ish when I got my Giulia from them in December. It was actually a major factor for me deciding to go with them, because a Maple/Mockingbird alfa dealership would mean way more convenient repairs and warranty work if anything went wrong.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually Fiat of McKinney is currently building/expanding a second location on Maple and Mockingbird right by Love Field. They said to expect it to be done by March-ish when I got my Giulia from them in December. It was actually a major factor for me deciding to go with them, because a Maple/Mockingbird alfa dealership would mean way more convenient repairs and warranty work if anything went wrong.
That's great news. Thanks for that info. Warranty work can be done at any dealer, so I will look forward to that. I purchased from Essence because of price. Fiat of McKinney said that they couldn't match Essence's online pricing for what I was looking at (pre-owned).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my Giulia from there. Awesome sales team; no pressure. Was in the dealership less than an hour to complete the transaction. I was told that they will be relocating their dealership to the Grapevine area but will still offer to pick up and return the car for service. I live in Fort Worth so that was good to hear.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yea, here's the relative scoops:

The most established dealer is AR McKinney, also least likely to offer a lower price. I was not aware of the new location/second location, but will it be AR AND Fiat, or just Fiat?

Holt Fiat/AR had to sell because of legal issues and was bought by Ewing Auto Group in Nov 2016 or so...it sold the two AR locations on to different owners in July 2017.

Essense AR is the old east location of Holt AR. The Fiat side got spun off into the Arlington CDJR dealership, and the new owners brought Maserati in to pair with AR. They will be relocating to Grapevine at some point, the Service Department seemed organized when I talked to them, their tripping point is loaners. They had about 10 when I talked to them and basically you would go on the list and get called when they had one for you. Haven't had any work done there.

Fort Worth AR is the old main Holt AR on the west side. Usually will have the best prices deals and is willing to match it all. Service Department has at least one solid AR Tech and works to help you, but it's a small location so issues may crop up as the number of AR's expand. It's also a AR-Fiat store, so the overlevel of the dealership is below that of Essense...but I still use them.

On the whole, having three dealerships cannot be bad for us.

sloboy89, sorry to hear there was an issue, but my 1/17 build got the RRT's topped up in September/October and worked flawlessly since...and I wasn't even really having trouble berfore.

·
Registered
183 Posts
AlfaCrisis,

I have not had any issues getting rental cars for service at Essence and I did not buy either of my Alfas there.

The Essence move to Grapevine has to take place by the end of 2019 so they have some time.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
AlfaCrisis,

I have not had any issues getting rental cars for service at Essence and I did not buy either of my Alfas there.

The Essence move to Grapevine has to take place by the end of 2019 so they have some time.

Jeff
Rentals or loaners? I was specifically talking about loaners, how any data is useful, thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea, here's the relative scoops:

The most established dealer is AR McKinney, also least likely to offer a lower price. I was not aware of the new location/second location, but will it be AR AND Fiat, or just Fiat?

Holt Fiat/AR had to sell because of legal issues and was bought by Ewing Auto Group in Nov 2016 or so...it sold the two AR locations on to different owners in July 2017.

Essense AR is the old east location of Holt AR. The Fiat side got spun off into the Arlington CDJR dealership, and the new owners brought Maserati in to pair with AR. They will be relocating to Grapevine at some point, the Service Department seemed organized when I talked to them, their tripping point is loaners. They had about 10 when I talked to them and basically you would go on the list and get called when they had one for you. Haven't had any work done there.

Fort Worth AR is the old main Holt AR on the west side. Usually will have the best prices deals and is willing to match it all. Service Department has at least one solid AR Tech and works to help you, but it's a small location so issues may crop up as the number of AR's expand. It's also a AR-Fiat store, so the overlevel of the dealership is below that of Essense...but I still use them.

On the whole, having three dealerships cannot be bad for us.

sloboy89, sorry to hear there was an issue, but my 1/17 build got the RRT's topped up in September/October and worked flawlessly since...and I wasn't even really having trouble berfore.

The Dallas one opened this week and you can now go for sales and work. They also have a huge 2 million dollar complex for a body work a few minutes west off of Harry Hines. As far as I can tell, there are no Fiat vehicles. The banner only says Alfa Romeo and there a couple of Giulias, Stelvios, and a smattering of BMW/Audi/Mercedes trade ins.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Useful to know. I stopped by Essence today for the T57 campaign. Quick and easy, no hassle, great time in a nice dealership. I will start doing my Service there. The Service Manager is a ex-Ferrari/Maserati Tech, now running a Maserati/Alfa Romeo Service Department.

Interesting discussion with him, in that he is calling the Alfas almost bulletproof. Says he has replaced very few parts so far this year on Alfas, the issues are almost exclusively software related. His repair work is heavily tilted toward Maseratis.

He also advised that the dealership will be moving to Grapevine, probably in 2019, but he is not aware of the location, nor if it’s been selected or bought. As for the dealership, unlike my first visit (right after the purchase from Holt), I was greeted promptly and while exploring the dealership, politely asked if I’d been helped several times, and repeated directed as to where the refreshments and seating were. They also have a bank of computers that can be used while you wait.

P.S. For those who like low engine air intakes, the Service Manager has a Quattroporte piston and con rod (in two pieces) that shows what hydrolocking a Maserati will do. It’s impressive to see the piston survived given the condition of the broken and twisted con rod.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
The Dallas one opened this week and you can now go for sales and work. They also have a huge 2 million dollar complex for a body work a few minutes west off of Harry Hines. As far as I can tell, there are no Fiat vehicles. The banner only says Alfa Romeo and there a couple of Giulias, Stelvios, and a smattering of BMW/Audi/Mercedes trade ins.
Thank you for the update! I bought mine in McKinney and its about due for service. Glad I can now drive just down the street as the new location is close to home. I noticed the location mentioned on the Alfa USA website but there was no info or inventory so I wondered if it was a mistake.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I visited all the Alfa dealers in DFW area. I waited for the new Dallas location to open as I live 3 miles away. Yesterday I reached a deal on a new order QV. The sales manager said he would sell the car at invoice price. That is $5,000 below MSRP. He quoted 6-9 months delivery. Essence Alfa quoted 5 months, but realistically said 3.5 months.

Today the Sales manager called from the new Dallas location to tell me they would NOT be able to order my QV bc they have met their order limit for the year as they have orders so many Stelvio's. Seems a little ridiculous they can't order a car for a customer willing to spend $73,000. I'm not giving up tho, and he did say he would try to order it thru the McKinney locations.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bought a giulia quad from fiat alfa of McKinney in mid April and I am still waiting for them to release my car. They are apparently going through an audit and I keep getting the "we are going to release it next week" story. Its been over a month, has anyone heard of this or have any idea how long the dealership will take?

·
Registered
283 Posts
So I visited all the Alfa dealers in DFW area. I waited for the new Dallas location to open as I live 3 miles away. Yesterday I reached a deal on a new order QV. The sales manager said he would sell the car at invoice price. That is $5,000 below MSRP. He quoted 6-9 months delivery. Essence Alfa quoted 5 months, but realistically said 3.5 months.
Seems expensive, given that a lot of dealers are letting 2019s go for 7k-10k under MSRP.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bought a giulia quad from fiat alfa of McKinney in mid April and I am still waiting for them to release my car. They are apparently going through an audit and I keep getting the "we are going to release it next week" story. Its been over a month, has anyone heard of this or have any idea how long the dealership will take?
I took a Giulia for a test drive in Mckinney because that dealership is the nearest to my location. I also considered the Dallas dealership as a possible source - apparently same owner and general manager as Mckinney. When I looked at their Yelp and Google reviews, there seemed to be a lot of very negative comments recently. I wonder if the audit you mentioned is related to the tone of those comments and reviews. At any rate, I made my purchase at Essense Maserati/Alfa Romeo in Hurst, TX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A little more about what is going on at AR of McKinney
http://www.fox4news.com/news/car-trade-in-complaints-piling-up-against-2nd-north-texas-dealership

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yea, Alda of McKinney and Dallas is looking a bit iffy right now. The KamKad Automobile Group that owns them is doing some shady stuff, possibly related to their attempts to raise cash for a bid on the Reagor ***** dealerships. Use caution!

As a side note, Essence looks to be moving to Grapevine by late next year, possibly the old Ford/Hyundai location (with a new building?) just west of Main Street off 114.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts