Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After watching countless hours of Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio videos on YouTube, I am convinced this is the car to purchase! I have been pondering to private sell my GT3 or trading it in for a new Giulia Quadrifoglio. I have an appointment with a sales person in a few days and will see the Giulia Quadrifoglio in person for the first time.

In the past, I've owned BMW E46 M3, BMW E60 M5, Porsche Carrera 4S, and my current vehicle Porsche GT3.

I really enjoy reading posts in this forum and learning what owners are experiencing about the AR Giulia.

All the best,
Darren

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are a few other Porsche and BMW owners that have made the leap on here. I'm sure they'll chime in. Looking forward to hearing your feedback after your appointment.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey guys,

After watching countless hours of Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio videos on YouTube, I am convinced this is the car to purchase! I have been pondering to private sell my GT3 or trading it in for a new Giulia Quadrifoglio. I have an appointment with a sales person in a few days and will see the Giulia Quadrifoglio in person for the first time.

In the past, I've owned BMW E46 M3, BMW E60 M5, Porsche Carrera 4S, and my current vehicle Porsche GT3.

I really enjoy reading posts in this forum and learning what owners are experiencing about the AR Giulia.

All the best,
Darren
I'm confident you will not be disappointed. The ride quality is something special on this car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hopefully they will actually let you drive it! Many have been turned down from a test drive due to the dealers wanting to keep miles low on the QVs. Maybe pulling up in the GT3 will help! :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I always thought that Porsche could use a small sedan of some sort and although the Panamera is the closest thing we can have to that, with owning one comes all the weight those are notorious for. If Porsche released a Giulia rival, it could be game over for everything competing in the segment from the way I see it.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I think you'll find be immensely impressed with the drivetrain performance and calibrations.

I see a lot of manual transmission cars in your prior history and mine is the same. I was a bit skeptical about the lack of a manual trans in these cars but I am immensely impressed.

The new ZF 8-speed mated to the Quadrifoglio 2.9 liter rev and boost profiles is absolutely outstanding. And I don't say that lightly. It is truly faultless. From driving in slow speed bumper to bumper traffic to High Speed Triple digits and downshifting getting ready for apex's, the overall synchronization of everything is impeccable.

The stopped start accelerator pedal response is one thing to get used to with throttle tip-in, but nothing to be worried about whatsoever. The real fun is when the thing is moving anyway. "Race" mode is where it is at!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have been owner to many porsches including my current 500 hp 930 turbo. I can say that the alfa will be different from your gt3 primarily due to the extra doors. performance will astound you as it is formula atlantic / razor sharp and the 8sp zf is sublime and always seems to put you in the fat of the rev range. missile like in the straight line!!

I have owned some good cars and some great cars over the years. I think the qv is nothing short of great!!! good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully they will actually let you drive it! Many have been turned down from a test drive due to the dealers wanting to keep miles low on the QVs. Maybe pulling up in the GT3 will help! :)
Yes, that's the plan... I hope they have the Sparco carbon seats and compare them with the stock seats. I dont need the heated seats in Florida.

Reactions: RVAAF

·
Registered
41 Posts
FORZA ALFA ! once U GET AN ALFA ROMEO VIRUS YOU are done for life !!!
it is all about DNA , emotions & of course grand history of marque .
QUADRIFOGLIO VERDE - NAME says it all .
...& this is Fabrizio Nuvolari sends best of adrenaline to you ALL.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, that's the plan... I hope they have the Sparco carbon seats and compare them with the stock seats. I dont need the heated seats in Florida.
The quirky thing about AR is that it may share a dealership with Ferrari and Maserati or you may be dealing with a Jeep and Chrysler salesman. Much of it will depend on what caliber clients and vehicles the dealer is used to dealing with. On the flip side, if you buy a QV from a Chrysler salesman as I did you may have the upper hand in negotiating a good price since they are typically more volume oriented.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
@OP Frankly while they are entirely different cars...and not knowing your situation...IF you can keep the GT3 DO IT!.....it is one of the best all-around sports cars you can get...period. IF you need to make a change because of space (growing family??) then the QV is the right ticket....if you haven't driven one yet..the first thing that will jump out at you is the similar steering characteristics, the point & shoot, the nimble & direct chassis/suspension.
but for me the GT3 is the best of the bunch in the 911 family.... good luck with your search!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What MDriver said....
Tough to argue with capabilities of 991.2 GT3,
Although from a purist point of view I would choose a 996 or 997 GT3 over a 991....
Keep them both you can't go wrong with either.....
Best of luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts